Let the mods begin...

kesselrun

Reaction score
So, the mods on the A4 have started.

Last week I fitted the rear smoked led's I got courtesy of @hades- via the classifieds section. Good fit, seem like a quality bit of kit and took about 15 minutes. They look a bit orange in this picture but it's just the camera.

261c6881-ebb2-44de-9a09-aed40fc4a3d2_zpslbeyxzct.jpg

Then today I fitted the RS4 replica grille courtesy of eddie (@precisionupg) at precisionupgrades.co.uk (see thread on here). Can vouch for the good quality of the product, not flimsy and has all the correct tabs, holes, etc. Even comes with parking sensor mounts if like me you need them.

Off with the old... (as you can see I wrapped the crash bar with black pvc)

7C5D9C91-9B86-454D-88E0-C7B243FC3300_zpsto5cli2v.jpg

Almost there...

E3883732-A69F-4BDF-AEA1-6FE540BEF3B0_zps6m0sxnhb.jpg

All done. Took a couple of hours, taking my time and also dealing with the kids and their bikes etc.

09135679-bf3f-4f78-be59-db770f679f0b_zpsss5a2gpu.jpg

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the results, I think the car looks a bit 'meaner' and these two mods realy match the phantom black paintwork. Just a pity I had to put the number plate back on!

Nearly forgot to mention I used @ScottishS3 's excellent guide to do the grille mod. For anyone who's interested, the headlamp washers and parking sensors (which aren't covered in the scottishs3's write up) don't add any real difficulty to this mod, you just have a couple of extra plugs to disconnect - although I elected to do this with everything still connected (except the temp sensor) which you can quite easily do if you're careful.

Not sure what's next but I'm thinking of getting a darkside intercooler followed by a remap at Revo in Port Glasgow. Might need to de-chrome the window surrounds too, to match the grille and smoked rear lights.

Any suggestions folks?

Reactions: ruairi83, RS5 JON and THQuattro
If you wanted to, you could convert the reverse and fogs to LED using suitable bulbs and error cancelling adapters. Have a word with @t8ups.

Cheers for the suggestion - I had thought about that actually, along with the front fogs as well. Might need to wait until payday though!

Looks Fab :)
there are lots of little mods you could do next for next to nothing;
Chrome delete on fog grilles, fog tints, interior wraps, black sline badges etc..

I have some FK Street coilovers going cheap at £75 but I suspect you arent going that route :)

Thanks for the positive comment and heads up Manda, but you're right I'm not looking to modify the suspension. Well, not yet...;)

De-chroming side windows and fogs will probably be first on the list.

Thanks for the positive comment and heads up Manda, but you're right I'm not looking to modify the suspension. Well, not yet...;)

De-chroming side windows and fogs will probably be first on the list.

If your looking to get windows de-chroming, Davy at Autotint in Kilwinning did my previous A4 b8, good job and reasonable price, tell him John with the grey A5 send you in and he'll do you a good deal.
Autotint - 07979 293 379

JG

Reactions: kesselrun
Looks Fab :)
there are lots of little mods you could do next for next to nothing;
Chrome delete on fog grilles, fog tints, interior wraps, black sline badges etc..

I have some FK Street coilovers going cheap at £75 but I suspect you arent going that route :)
£75? Deal!!