1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let The Facelift Begin......

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Lewbo, Nov 18, 2012.

1. KemiksiZ

KemiksiZ Active Member

[Dec 8, 2012]
    Cough couughh :))

?
  2. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Dec 8, 2012]
    didnt see that post thanks,

regaurding the lights mine were plug and play with coding as i already had factory xenons with DRL's, if you have the headlight adapters and have wired the DRL's and Xenon shutters into the Central electrics and have the right central electrics and coded them in then that should be all you need, if are having problems then maybe you have coded incorrectly or havent connect the shutters or drls in the correct positions.
  3. josh rai

josh rai New Member

[Dec 9, 2012]
    Hi there mate aka a3 sline tdi :)

I'm research vag com on this site but I had a thought which I thought ill share.. With the help and advice you have given regarding this conversion I feel comfortable to change the
    • bonnet
    • front bumper
    • front end panel
    • wings
    • and possibly rewire the indicators
    the idea I had was once I had complete the following maybe we could meet up and you could connect vag com and program the new bi xenon lights to work. This would be great because it would help if I was also having trouble with the indicators..

I am more than help to pay you for the day :)
  4. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Dec 9, 2012]
    That's fine mate I can do this for you, just make sure you get the kufatec wiring harness for the lights, halogen to bi-xenon one. Mirrors are simple job to wire up too.
  5. josh rai

josh rai New Member

[Dec 9, 2012]
    cheers mate.. Ive decided to listen to your advice and buy my audi with the factory xenon :)
  6. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Dec 9, 2012]
    Good decision, that wAy you will get most of your money for the price you pay for led xenons, where as if you had halogens would get nothing back.

make sure there Bi-xenon with drls and not single xenon for them to be plug and play. Have you seen one now then?
  7. asalhan

asalhan Member

[Dec 9, 2012]
    That's a great conversion! Do you have the old lights? I am after a pair.
  8. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Dec 9, 2012]
    thanks and sorry sold them to a fellow member on here
  9. xtremedetailz

xtremedetailz Member

[Dec 9, 2012]
    Hi mate im after doing the facelift conversion to my 06 reg tdi 170 after selling the thirsty 3.2 :)

How much did you pay for the headlights new ? and what are the part codes for ordering ?

Just need quite a few bits then start the conversion in feb, should give me enough time to get the bits in.

Just had a 2011 RNS-E fitted and coded the other week and must say its awesome and matches my piano black trim (the screen edge is piano black)

Cheers
  10. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Dec 9, 2012]
    i paid £600 for headlights new and that was without bulbs or ballasts and a good discount from main dealer was cheaper than TPS.
    part numbers are 8P0 941 029 BF AND 8P0 941 030 BF. if you need any parts give me a shout and will be able to sort you some out.
  11. xtremedetailz

xtremedetailz Member

[Dec 9, 2012]
    how much for :

Front bumper
    2 x wings
    Bonnet
    Slam panel
    Back bumper
    Rear spoiler
    Rear lights
    Headlights
  12. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Dec 19, 2012]
    Another little update I have done today

I couldn't find a glossy RNSE frame anywhere and can't buy them separate so I had to buy another nav already with it and fitted it soon as I got home from work. I also already sold my old Media B For good price so it's even better
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also needed facelift headlight switch to go with the conversion but didn't fancy paying £70 for another just for the chrome so I got just any facelift switch and swapped over the knob itself was really easy and only took 10 minutes and is exactly the same as facelift one now

[​IMG]
  13. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

[Jan 7, 2013]
    how did you fit your top bracket? am struggling on that part :(
  14. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Jan 7, 2013]
    Top bracket still hasn't been fitted as you know the original one won't fit so will have to make a custom one but at the minute not that fussed as its held perfectly nice and tight with only two, don't think it will be done for a while or maybe never as its just perfect as it is
  15. amar06fbr

[Jan 7, 2013]
    ohh so what about other people that have done the facelift, it had me pulling my hair out lol.. so in the other two brackets have you got it screwed down with self tappers or with the orignal torx of your wing?
  16. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Jan 7, 2013]
    There fixed down with self tappers as original holes were never used, I could of used a tap and die set and re uses my old bolts but didn't have it with me at the time so will do it some point in the future lol
  17. amar06fbr

[Jan 8, 2013]
    whats a tap and die set? lol
  18. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Jan 8, 2013]
    Used to thread a hole so a threaded bolt can screw Into it, can't remember the bolt size for wings but always drill the hole with a drill biy 0.5mm smaller than the thread size you need for example if you have 6mm tap you will need 5.5mm drill bit for the hole then tap it out to 6mm.
  19. amar06fbr

[Jan 8, 2013]
    ohh i get you now, what do you mean by tap it out to about 6mm?
    thanks for the help :friends:
  20. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[Jan 8, 2013]
    Where did you get the knobs for the climate control and head light switch? Been wanting to do that mod too.

Also, do you have the part number for the door lock button?

Thanks
  21. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Jan 8, 2013]
    By tap it out I mean after you drill the hole then insert the tap into the hole and thread it so you can then thread a bolt into it.

Climate control was from eBay for around £30 as it had been burned at the back so didn't work but front was immaculate and headlight switch was £20 from eBay too.

Sorry dont have part number for door lock button I got it with my S3 interior and just swapped the full door handle over.
  22. amar06fbr

[Jan 8, 2013]
    i get you now its them funny shape drill bits, are you ment to thread it by hand? and wow they are expensive..

how did you remove the switchs on the headlight switch i thort theys no way they would be removed.:s
  23. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Jan 8, 2013]
    That's the one and never bought any just get then from work so wouldn't know and no use then in a battery drill on speed setting one.

didn't know it could be done myself until I did it, there are 3 screws on the back of each switch that need to be removed and then on the facelift switch the chrome trim of the knob unclips of enabling you to remove the back but your current you obviously can't do the same the only way I found to do it was to cut the bottom and top of the knob and then It can be Removed. Then put the new one in and clip back and screw together. Took me 10 mins, you will understand what I have explained once you have a go at it yourself.
  24. amar06fbr

[Jan 10, 2013]
    i had a look at were i need to make new holes and do re thread, the metal is abit thin to do rethread :s
  25. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Jan 10, 2013]
    Yes it is thin but does work, just like when you use a self tapper it still screws to the metal even though it is thin and goes nice and tight too.
  26. amar06fbr

[Jan 10, 2013]
    mmmm now need to figure out what drill bits size i need to order lol
  27. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Jan 28, 2013]
    Unfortunately the time has come for me to have to sell my car as I need more funds for the purchase of my 1st home so I will be advertising it in the classifieds section tonight, car will be kept as it is so new owner doesn't have to do a thing lol, I hope it gets to stay in the forum as I will be sad to see it go, as I have put alot of time, effort and money to get it looking how it is. Anyone that is Interested get in touch

thanks lewis
  28. K3l HN

K3l HN New Member

[Jan 28, 2013]
    Hi Lewis it's lad who bought front bumper off you how ya doing didn't realise you we're on here. Get mine back tomorrow from paint shop with your old front end on an got a 2011 rear bumper too so would should look good with repair too. Hoping to get some pic on when I get chance.
  29. K3l HN

K3l HN New Member

[Jan 28, 2013]
    Yours really looks well now