1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leon Cupra-r Brakes on a 2.5 quattro..

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Mackers, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Mackers

Mackers Member

as above...
    my cousin is upgrading his brakes and calipers later this week, and has offered me his soon to be old brake set up off his seat leon cupra-r, basically i'm wanting to know what i need to fit the calipers, if indeed i need anything at all.
    Many thanks
    wayne
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

you'll need to devise your own setup from scratch really.

The calipers are fairly generic, but the adaptors and disks are specific to the mk4 golf platform.

You will need to find a suitable disk that fits (or can be made to fit) the A4 upright, then have a bracket made to mount the caliper in the correct position. Not hugely difficult, but not trivially bolt on either.

You also need to consider wheel clearance, as a fat brembo caliper takes up a lot of room behind there.
  3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Better sell the set-up for money- plenty folks lust for them and buy the right set-up for your model. I might have a ATE Power Kit for sale soon, which is a b5/c5/b6 specific kit based on Brembo calipers, 2 piece discs + performance pads, custom brakets and braided hoses...all plug and play with massive braking power ! Been fitted to my 250bhp v6 tdi quattro sport !