1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legality on Car Badges

necroeire Jan 31, 2005

1. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

I saw a 1.8T the other day and the guy had an S3 badge on it. Knew it was definetly not an S3.

Would this effect their insurance cover?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. monty77

monty77 Member

Possibly. Makes the car more attractive to thieves (should the thief be stupid enough not to spot it wasn't a real one)

A

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

But Joe, that's easily offset by the additional weight of the badge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

4. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You've just gotta laugh when you see such poor attempts. Why would you do such a thing? Why do BMW drivers put "M" badges on pretty much anything? Maybe because they're running on Optimax or have dropped in a K&N filter.
    I also love the 316 drivers who've had the car debadged & put some huge alloys on it.
    I would much rather have an S3 with a 1.6 or TDi badge on it. That would really surprise people, and obviously I'd prefer to only get it stolen by professionals.

6. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

c_audiboy

For a min there i thought you'd seen me as my car is almost exactly as you describe, incl the R reg!!.....except for the mirrors! Maybe that's where they went!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

andymac - i'm with you. Why advertise when you can suprise!!

7. WilkoS3

WilkoS3 Member

If you put a TDi badge on your S3 do you lose some horses then?

8. Masterm8fo

Masterm8fo Warmonger

hahahha that i have a friend who had a little merc c180 komp and he did stick on a 220 badge on it

same fella now got a porky cayenne and he has made it into a porky cayenne S with the aid of a simple little letter 'S' and some glue

think anyone interested in the difference between such models would obv know which is which

9. pwnorman

pwnorman Member

[ QUOTE ]
    If you put a TDi badge on your S3 do you lose some horses then?

[/ QUOTE ]You'll also get better mpg,also might run a bit lumpy with diesel.Think of the torque increase /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Bazza

Bazza Member

So if I put a 1.4 16V badge on my tailgate my insurance will go down and the car will be lesss attractive to thieves .......... woohoo!

11. pwnorman

pwnorman Member

No they might try to class 16v as sports. 1.2 12v corsa badge on order get cheaper car tax to.