1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left taillight fogs up in wet weather

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by cyboexpo2002, Sep 8, 2004.

1. cyboexpo2002

cyboexpo2002 New Member

[Sep 8, 2004]
    How annoying... had the car since April, 2850 miles (low, eh?) and we've noticed that in wet weather or when we wash it, the left rear light is fogging (condensation) a bit. Not the entire thing, but mostly around the reverse lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif It's nothing more than a faulty seal probably, but since the problem disappears in a couple hours, the dealer dismisses it and says nothing is wrong. I dont want to have it get worse like on some cars where there can be sitting water in the inside of the plastic. Any suggestions?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

[Sep 8, 2004]
    you can try and find the leak and hope its the seal and not a small crack, but what ou could also do is buy a new taillight. I'm not sure what year of car you have, but if you don't have the "face lift" car, then i would say if you are going to get new tails go for those.
  4. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Sep 8, 2004]
    Im not sure if its possbile as dont know the shape etc of the tailights but it may be an idea to go round the selas/other suspect areas with silicone sealent.
  5. marctwo

marctwo Member

[Sep 8, 2004]
    I have read elsewhere that this is quite 'normal' and mine does it too. I guess this just means that it is a very common 'fault' and not a cause for concern. Still, not something you expect on a car that in other respects is so well built.
  6. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

[Sep 8, 2004]
    really? Normal? Thats odd, i have not read that anywhere. I don't think i would like it if my tails started to get condensation build up in them.

I would check out the entire light housing and find the leak
  7. marctwo

marctwo Member

[Sep 9, 2004]
    Have a look at this thread here
  8. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

[Sep 9, 2004]
    that is headlights, i thought you were having a problem with your tail lights?