1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left speaker abit intermittant

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Grangey., Dec 1, 2011.

1. Grangey.

Grangey. Member

[Dec 1, 2011]
    Hi all,

Iv had this fault since i baught the car but havnt really dont much about it.

Its like my left channel is intermittant and seems to be effected when i turn my steering wheel (perticularly at slow speeds), the speaker will basically cut out, and although can come back on its own accord a simple turn up of the knob then back down will sort it out.

Like i say, its far from serious, but the fact that just turning the volume up then down fixes it doesnt imply that its a loose wire or anything... but then the fact that its effected by the steering wheel confuses me a little...

Anyone got any ideas?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 1, 2011]
    Is it the whole left side? Or just one of the door speakers cutting out?
  4. gavsman

gavsman Member

[Dec 1, 2011]
    Have you pulled back the rubber sleeve on the door wiring loom to see if any wires look broken?
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 1, 2011]
    It's a common fault, there's a connector behind the door pillar and the contacts get dirty, which is why increasing the volume cures it overcoming the electrical resistance. The problem is it's really difficult to get to as it's inside the inner skin underneath the glovebox by the door pillar and the hole is too small to get your hand in there. Probably just wiggling it in/out would be enough to clean the faulty connection, but I gave up with mine. Problem resolved itself after amping the front speakers, as much more power was then going to them even at low volume.
  6. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

[Dec 2, 2011]
    Thanks for the info Andy... i also have this problem and was thinking it was a head unit problem