1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left Foot braking mod

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by AJames, Aug 16, 2009.

1. AJames

AJames Rally Driver - road Audi S3-8P

As you will know I love to drive hard, like most of you out there...

The S3 handles very well, especially if tweaked and Haldex GenII'd, BUT - you can not take full advantage of the chassis because the darned machine will not let you drag the brakes while on partial throttle!
    This results in not beeing able to stabilize the car on medium and long bends, where you can keep the front side in and, if you wish, induce oversteer with left-foot-braking.

My mechanics at Audi have been fiddling around with the car, trying all in their power, but have not found a solution to excluding this 'Safety' feature without getting the red dash light for brakes coming up.

The idea is that there is a software way to enable/disable this function (for example, when I was driving the Abarth Grande Punto in the italian rally championship, we had -and resolved- the same probem via software).

Maybe some of you out there has already explored and resolved the issue?
    :keule:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

I'd be keen to hear also...

It's the blight of too many VAG cars...I want to work the brake and throttle when I want them, not when a computer decides I need them.

I hope a solution exists...but sadly, haven't heard of one.

4. AJames

I understand you mate, let's wait on, with all these modders and talented tuners, somebody will have dedicated enought time to it in order to manage...

5. AJames

Anyone?

6. DeckedS3

DeckedS3 Active Member

I had this disabled on my R32. IIRC it was a code on the ABS module.... It also turned off the traction control 100% without the orange light showing on the dash. The car did feel better for it too.....
    Saying this, I did have a turbo in there so the software code was somewhat different with an HPA turbo track kit installed, it may of been something on the ECU.... But I know it can be done!

7. AJames

Yes, I confirm that it is in the ECU. Have you tried asking the guys at Revo?
    I have just asked Superchips, that have been working on my car for the last 6 months. I know for sure that APR can do it thru the ECU software.

8. AJames

Hi, today Michael from Superchips sent me a new map, that I installed tru Bluefin and -magic magic- now left foot braking IS POSSIBLE!!
    So, if you want to fully enjoy your car's handling performance, now you can. Just contact Michael Alvey Anderson at Superchips, you can say you are friends with me, Adriano, and he will solve it for you!!
    Going off to drive shortly, because today I have also installed the Gen II Haldex!!:rockwoot: