1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left channel distorted

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Stringster, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Stringster

Stringster Missed gear

[Oct 13, 2007]
    I've had some problems with a crackly left speaker before, but could always seem to clear it with a blast of volume. Now it seems the whole left side is distorted - front and rear speaker. The right channel is very quiet and also a bit distorted. However, when I switch to CD channel and play my iPod it clears and sounds fine.
    I have had a look at the wiring and couldn't see anything out of place, but to my mind as it is fine on CD channel it must mean the head unit is faulty - ???
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. Isoproturon

Isoproturon Member

[Oct 14, 2007]
    This happened on 2 of the 3 A4s I've had. I just put it down to dodgy wiring, but there has been some suggestion that the terminals were shorting out on the door itself (though I've no idea if they are anywhere near for this to happen).
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 14, 2007]
    If it works OK on CD then it can't be wiring or amp related. Must be a radio antenna problem.
  5. Stringster

Stringster Missed gear

[Oct 14, 2007]
    Actually today there was an intermittent buzz over the left channel on the CD channel. Not as bad as radio/tape but going to replace the HU anyway so will see if that cures it.
  6. jisumfish

jisumfish 4 Spring Duck Technique

[Oct 15, 2007]
    Yes, same problem here. Only on the left hand speaker now and again. I have just replaced the head unit for an RNS-E and guess what, the problem is still there. I think it must be wiring as it only seems to be on the front passenger speaker. :think: