1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED Tail lights........yes / no / maybe

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by nickb834, Sep 26, 2011.

1. nickb834

nickb834 Member

So I'm tempted to swap the tail lights on my S4 - OSR has a bit of a fault (intermittent bulb fail which I suspect is grotty contacts) anyway so I've been looking at these:

FK LED Design Tail Lights - fit for Audi A4 sedan (Typ 8E) year 01-04

Anybody seen these in the flesh / bought any - do they look like polished turds?

I really want to keep the look of the stock cover / lense but I'd like LEDs.
  2. nickb834

nickb834 Member

Actually, I've made myself a little bit sick posting this - it seems horribly chavvy :blush:
  3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

and so it should
    stick with oem and either clean the contacts or replace the bulb holder
  4. Grangey.

Grangey. Member

i think someone needs to get creative with these, unmould the outer covers from both the LED lights and the OEM lights, and remould the OEM cover onto the LED base- OEM looking LED rear lights- YES please! Whether it would look any good though I dont know.. and im not brave enough to try lol
  5. jutlis 3.0

jutlis 3.0 Member

truely rancid! but thats just my opinion for what its worth, each to their own i suppose
  6. niftyandy

niftyandy Member

.....or why not get some decent LED tail light bulbs instead....keep the STD lenses but look more up to date!
  7. nickb834

nickb834 Member

I think that's the better idea - and cheaper than a pair of 120 quid LED lights that look **** :)

I'll give it a whirl and post back with a piccy so you can see how sh1t I've made my car look!
  8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I would love these to look good, as I think they look great on the newer Audi's. The problem is, that similar to DRL's, no matter how well they're executed they're always going to look too modern for our cars, so they're always going to look retrofitted.
  9. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

id have to see them on a car and working before i can say any comment on them,
  10. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... .

I bought a set of very similar LED based rear lights from this German outlet around 3 years ago, and promptly returned them for a refund at great expense to myself - very disappointing product for 250+ Euros.
    My concerns were:
    - Electrical Plugs did not fit so never had a chance to see their effect compared to standard OEM.
    - Cheap Plastic used all over and not a very robust construction compared to OEM lights. Some plastic internal mounts were already broken.
    - No bulbs included in non-LED lights (Indicator/Fogs/Reversing)
    - Made in China (just expected them to be German for some reason!)
    This supplier refunded me the cost of the item on return but I ended up paying shipping from Germany to UK and then return shipping back to Germany.

You may want to see them and make sure they are 100% plug & play before purchasing.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  11. nickb834

nickb834 Member

Yeah, I've decided to stick with the OE light clusters and see what I think to LED tail light bulbs - that way I'm not too far out of pocket if they look sh1t3 and can always put the original bulbs back in.