led tail lights pls HELP

jamesuk1978

Reaction score
hello everyone.

i have a 2007 A6 2.0tdi saloon

i have just bought some led tail`s and have a problem with the fog/reverse.

this is what i did.
in vcds controller 46 - Comfort System/coding
my original code was: 0000251 so i added 0131072(Highline LED) which gave me:0131323 and clicked do it, everything seems fine accept reverse and fog.

the problem is:
with the car in reverse, the fog light turns on.
and with the rear fog switched on the reverse light turns on?

can anyone please tell me what i did wrong, or better still (and i know this is cheeky) maybe you could tell me what code to put in?)

thank you in advance

If you're using the original bulbs holder you shouldn't need the coding changes

Take the highline off your coding and see what happens. You may get some bulb errors but try anyway.

So you're just putting led bulbs into the original bulb holder?

Ok so you're using different lenses, same bulb holder & different bulbs which are led?

Please advise us what the whole picture was & fix so helps others.

i emailed david at audienthusiasts.com and within 10 mins he gave me the solution, all i had to do was add right hand steering to the code and bingo my problem is now sorted.

i highly recommend audienthusiasts he really knows his stuff, i also made a donation to there website.

Right hand steering
+0000256
=0131579

Ok thats great you solved, but what was the scenario, as its a little confusing, same bulb holders, different lenses & new led bulbs?

Its very strange, as it should of already been set to rhd, on the assumption your car is rhd that is :)

Ok thats great you solved, but what was the scenario, as its a little confusing, same bulb holders, different lenses & new led bulbs?

Its very strange, as it should of already been set to rhd, on the assumption your car is rhd that is :)

yes my car is indeed RHD and yes it is very strange, but it worked.