Led sidelights

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of led sidelights to replace the yellow standard bulbs. Fitted them earlier and my computer's telling me my sidelights are blown, I'm guessing it's because they're such low voltage. Is there anyway of turning the warning symbol off?

Also, I now have nice white sidelights and headlights but my fogs are still yellow. Can you get similar white bulbs for them?

I tought the warning was for headlight bulbs??? Ive fitted them i got the brightest i could and never had a problem, i am not 100% but i am sure the bulbs in fogs are suppoose to remain that way for better visability, sure somebody will correct me if i am wrong.

hmm weird must be the type of bulb mate... mine were fine no warnings on dash I got mine from here: http://www.powerbulbs.com/

As for your your fogs yeah you get LED fogs on Ebay. Although not from UK, mine were from Australia or something... Work a treat anyway and look good not yellow!

Last edited:
any pics of these led fogs fitted? what's the light output like?

erm never seen those before Lemon.... my warning light doesnt come on for sidelights either as when one of my 'white' sidelights went it didnt flag up..... dunno if this helps

Sh*t bulbs mate, ive got led sidelights in and no problems at all.

They're really bright though. I read on a site that were selling led bulbs that because of the low amount of power they use, the computer can't register them.

I had led ones in mine i took them out well 1 is floating in the headlight at the moment so put the standard ones back in as the colour wasnt that good a match.

Have you tried rotating them on the bulb holder? I have no such problems in my S3, as it's an early one without the fancy Can-Bus wiring. :moa:

Have you tried rotating them on the bulb holder? I have no such problems in my S3, as it's an early one without the fancy Can-Bus wiring. :moa:

I'll try that in a bit but can't see how that would make a difference. Mine's a 99 plate so don't think it has the can-bus either.

facelift S3 here with LED sidelights that I got off ebay. no probs at all.