1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED Side Lights

A3Tom Mar 2, 2010

1. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

I know theres already a thread on the number plate lights and due to that I ended up browsing on the internet. I did have some LED sidelights but they were a bit lame so I decided to try some more....

Anyway, I got hold of a pair of these...

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/501194t10-anti-bulb-warning-xenon-white-wide-angle-p-2085.html

[​IMG]

Ordered them on Sunday night and they arrived this morning so I thought I'd lob them in before I go to work. Initially they're a bit tricky to get into the bulb holder but they went in after fetteling the holder a little bit. First impressions is that they're very white but they work!. Super bright too :)

No real other opinions at the moment as I've not seen them in the dark but I shall have a look when I leave work tonight.

It also struck me that if anyone wants to have LED side repeaters then these fit straight in. I tried them on mine and they're a good fit and give off loads more light than the standard bulb. I already have LED side repeaters but with these you just have to buy the bulbs...not new units that plug into the standard bulb holder so just a heads up for anyone that wants to change from the standard bulbs. ;)

T

2. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Just to add you'd need to order the amber ones for your side repeaters if you have clear/smoked lenses :)

3. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

I bought 1W bright LED side lights from eBay. No problems with warning lights and they are very bright!

4. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

5. djwillb

djwillb Member

Cheers might get some :)

Where r the amber ones btw?

6. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

The amber ones are available from the website I posted in the first link chap

7. Jonay

Jonay Member

8. steviet

steviet Member

I got a pair for the front and the rear number plate.makes such a difference!..anyone know the right size/type for the interior lights?..its for the A3