1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED Side Lights

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by A3Tom, Mar 2, 2010.

1. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Mar 2, 2010]
    I know theres already a thread on the number plate lights and due to that I ended up browsing on the internet. I did have some LED sidelights but they were a bit lame so I decided to try some more....

Anyway, I got hold of a pair of these...

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/501194t10-anti-bulb-warning-xenon-white-wide-angle-p-2085.html

[​IMG]

Ordered them on Sunday night and they arrived this morning so I thought I'd lob them in before I go to work. Initially they're a bit tricky to get into the bulb holder but they went in after fetteling the holder a little bit. First impressions is that they're very white but they work!. Super bright too :)

No real other opinions at the moment as I've not seen them in the dark but I shall have a look when I leave work tonight.

It also struck me that if anyone wants to have LED side repeaters then these fit straight in. I tried them on mine and they're a good fit and give off loads more light than the standard bulb. I already have LED side repeaters but with these you just have to buy the bulbs...not new units that plug into the standard bulb holder so just a heads up for anyone that wants to change from the standard bulbs. ;)

T
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Mar 2, 2010]
    Just to add you'd need to order the amber ones for your side repeaters if you have clear/smoked lenses :)
  4. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

[Mar 2, 2010]
    I bought 1W bright LED side lights from eBay. No problems with warning lights and they are very bright!
  5. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

[Mar 2, 2010]
  6. djwillb

djwillb Member

[Mar 4, 2010]
    Cheers might get some :)

Where r the amber ones btw?
  7. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Mar 4, 2010]
    The amber ones are available from the website I posted in the first link chap
  8. Jonay

Jonay Member

[Jun 24, 2010]
  9. steviet

steviet Member

[Jun 25, 2010]
    I got a pair for the front and the rear number plate.makes such a difference!..anyone know the right size/type for the interior lights?..its for the A3