1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED reversing lights

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by ScottD3, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

Nothing amazing but they are better than the incandescent bulbs, the like is white, which you'd expect from LEDs and they are brighter, which makes it a bit better for reversing at night.
    Well, I've had 1 fitted for about a week and when parking at night I can see the difference between the two different bulbs.

I bought them from T8ups.
    I got no errors but I'm not sure if the bulb warning system works on reversion lights.

any here, here's some pics.

I used the same camera settings on each image to make the comparison easier.

Old
    [​IMG]

New
    [​IMG]

Combined.
    [​IMG]

All new.
    [​IMG]
  2. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

I started doing this on mine bout a year ago......still aint got round to finishing it yet! lol

What LED's did he supply for it? IS it the type that are fitted into a standard bulb fitting? Im doing mine free style!
  3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

yeah, its 4 boards with LEDs on both sides, fitted in to a standard bulb fitting.

Free style?
    Poke the LEDs and cables through the hole and let them dangle? :ninja:
  4. audiv6quattro

audiv6quattro Member

Mmmmmmmmmm toffee popcorn lol, looks good mate
  5. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Not quite.

As you know, i used custom clear tail lights and as such when i went for the facelift red tint, i had to do the reverse section red aswell to get the look i wanted, so if i were to use normal position reverse bulbs it would end up pink!:drag:

So to combat this, the only clear section i have is the indicator piece, so i was wiring in 2 or 3 standard single LED's on each side, then would drill them in under the indicator bulb and fit them with the little plastic collar to set them in like so

[​IMG]