LED REVERSE lights...

Has anyone else had any issues fitting a Cree LED with a reverse camera. When I fit mine it makes lines run down the screen, the picture moves and jumps down sometimes so it makes the camera useless :frown:

Reading this thread spurred me into taking some action as the reverse lights on my 2006 Sportback are truly dreadful, I really can't see a thing at night when reversing up my drive.
I don't know why, as I thought the bulb set-up was the same, but it was AFTER the facelift LED rear lights were fitted that I noticed how bad they were?
Anyway, I bought a set of these this week;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FlashWolv...727720?hash=item2cb8d80c68:g:oUAAAOSw44BYfJUJ
.....and fitted them this afternoon.
(They are available for £9.99 on Amazon , but for some reason the Amazon link won't work so I've used an eBay link instead)
Having tested them in the dark the difference is incredible, they totally illuminate the area behind my car for several feet, and no errors!
I've never had an issue with short life of LED bulbs , so hopefully these won't be any different, though time will tell!

Reactions: dp_motley
Looks like not all LEDs are made equally . Mine are still working after a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you have vcds you can go into the central electrics module and turn off hot and cold bulb check monitoring to disable errors . doesn't work on 10my year onwards but works fine on 09 plate .

I turned off the Cold Diagnostic also, But led is turning off after 5 sec.

Is there also a settings for Hot Diagnostic? Was looking for it, but coldnt find it

I turned off the Cold Diagnostic also, But led is turning off after 5 sec.

Is there also a settings for Hot Diagnostic? Was looking for it, but coldnt find it

if the car has modules 09 and 46 then you should be able to turn off all bulb monitoring ,i did it on a facelift 09 i used to own , the newer ones with the 2 modules combined don't allow it .

i know my own reverse bulbs are fine unless i leave the car in reverse too long then i get a bulb out warning ,which clears after an ignition cycle .

did you just turn off cold diagnostic for the reverse light ? turn off cold check for all rear bulbs . you can then run led bulbs for brake fog and indicator .

Last edited:
While at it, anyone recommend me a LED DRL replacement that would fit my 2005 2.0T 8P please. Looking forward to something bright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

led drl needs to be added to the headlight just dont look good anywhere else on the car .

Reactions: maxpayne
FYI.
After the good start with the reverse LED, I got myself an interior LED upgrade from a Chinese seller on eBay. Despite being advertised for Audi A3 8P, the boot and glove box LEDs were missing and the rear dome light LEDs had heat sinks that were so wide that it shorted the contacts and blew the fuse! The vanity mirror and front dome lights worked like a charm though.