1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED replacement for DRL?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by razza1, Mar 11, 2011.

1. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Hi, have the xenons with the DRL on them (single bulb, not a strip). I've upgraded my sidelights to LEDs, but these are bigger bulbs and are yellow :(

Does anyone know if I can get LEDs to replace these with (they're not the sidelight ones)?

Cheers
    Razza
  2. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

Yes mate - you can in effect replace them with any ba15s type LED bulb.

However, you will need to fit a pair of load resistors with most types to meet the needs of canbuc and be aware that different bulbs can look quite different within the lens. I find those with SMD bulbs are best.

These suggest you don't need resistors Canbus white 27 SMD LED BA15s 1156 382 bulbs

Rich
  3. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

4. gjwell

gjwell Member

Hi razza1, Did you get anywhere with this? I really want to replace my DRL's too they are dull and yellow :(. If you go the load resistor route I assume they have to be wired in serial?
  5. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

nope :( haven't got anywhere yet but pushed for time to be honest to look into further at the moment
  6. Gregzy88

Gregzy88 A3 Newbie

7. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

The PIAA 27w versions are fine heat wise, but to be honest aren't 'that' White......
  8. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

9. gjwell

gjwell Member

Ok replaced the side lights, no light out warnings and they look great :). Thanks Ultramodz i've bought all the bits on your write up. Numberplate LEDs fitted with no errors :) So I have spare resistors. I fitted the DRL's one is faulty :( so need to return them to. I spent a lot of time considering locations for the resistors. I think i will make a metal bracket to screw them to the chassis somewhere and try and splice into the loom rather than scotch locks, so the light units remain watertight, but we will see. Next project I was thinking about was fitting the missing extra boot light and the door warning and puddle lights. Any P/N links to guides appreciated.
  10. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

11. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

getting the number plate ones as well, gjwell, hoping these don't have issues, if they do I may take those resistors off your hand...
  12. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

wow, quick service, ordered the number plate ones yesterday, arrived today, just fitted, and no errors :)
  13. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Just fitted the DRL lights (5min job), more blueish than white to be honest, but better than the horrible yellow, and at £11 delivered much more value for money than the PIAAs. They also sent me a wrong bulb by mistake (2 pin contact), so sent two more bulbs. So I have a spare one pin now in case one blows :)

Can't load photos to photobucket at work, anyone want to host it for me? PM me your email address and I'll send over.
  14. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]