LED rear lights

Steve.b

Reaction score
Hi All,
Ive seen some LED rear lights that id like to fit to my 2007 S Line Avant. I hear they are quite easy to fit, but I have a few questions, will I need any different wiring to change from "normal" to LED rear lights?

Also, what is the difference between these 2:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...4F5,+C6|Cars+Type:2.0+TDI&hash=item2335ba262c

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/audi-a6-c6-estate-rear-lights-/171901146774?hash=item28061b5696

The 2nd set seems to have a bigger clear section

Also, I know I need to get them coded to my car, If I fit them at home am I still able to drive it to the audi garage to have them coded? or will they not work until coded?

Hi Steve

Use this link for retrofit your lamps

https://granttiller.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/audi-a6-avant-c6-–-led-tail-light-retrofit/

You don't need any wires just a couple of minutes and vcds to code them to your car.

Ask someone from your area to help you with coding or if you are from lancashire then I might help.

First link shows you lamps from prefacelift model 2005-2008 and the other is for facelift model but you can fit any model you want it to. Of course to make your car younger I would put the second link lamps.

It is a straight forward job :)

I got the first set and fitted and coded them myself (I got the vag cable and software last week) it was a pretty easy job. Now I want to do something to my headlights, they are standard halogen, Id love something with DRLs and something to match the rear lights. I was considering xenons but I hear they are expensive when you consider the extra parts you need, although, I do have the headlight washers already fitted (s line)....anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking about it to my a6. I've got all the bits for this including selfleveling sensors, wires level module and a bixenon lights. I want to sell all that i buy led drl headlights. It is too much hassle with it

Fitting the rear self-levelling sensor will be a big job, you have to drop the rear subframe as the mount attaches to the inner of the top arm and you cannot get the bolt out as the fuel tank is in the way.

Yeah I heard it was a big job, any idea where I can get some decent rhd halogens with drls?

Germany are not selling rhd drive headlamps unfortunately. I've already asked for that.

That bolt is taking all my abicious to do it that's why I will use a company on ebay who can do drl lamps for you already prepared without fitting sensors on.

You can buy rhd versions, there have been a fair few people on the A4 B7 section that have got lights from germany.

They must have sold a few sets, so would be surprised if they had a problem. Also indicators, main & high beam is just using the standard bulb so no resistance problem, I guess it's just how the LED strip is powered off the standard DRL wiring (they must have put some resistors in there)

I'm sure they have warranty and you can pay via paypal so you would be covered if you have any problems

B5nut we are talking about genuine looks headlamps - not an aftermarkets. Those lamps from your link u can buy from uk and they will be rhd but I want lamps what looks like originals.

Btw they are not so good, my mate have them and they are crap

which ones does your mate have Danio? I don't mind getting aftermarket lights as long as they look nice and fit in with the look of the car (remembering that ive just fitted the LED rear lights)

Ste that's his lamps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442006227078141
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442006243604864

Cheers Danio, they don't look too bad, how does he rate the dipped headlights compared to standard audi lights?