LED number plate lights for 2006 SB A3.

G

Goner

I'm sure I've read somewhere that there is a Audi model which has rear LED number plate lights and they fit the A3 and don't bring up any errors, does anybody know what model Audi this might be?

I don't want chance it buying some crappy eBay specials, i'd rather pay once and get the right kit even if it is more expensive.

Thanks

Give T8ups a shout, as he can sort a kit that will work no problem.

The A5 ones will work in a 2006 car without errors. Had them in my 56 plate and they were fine, much better than the eBay specials that can be seen from space!

Is it definitely the A5 ones yeah? I work around the corner from Leeds Audi so i'll call in and get some, can you remember how much they were?

Give T8ups a shout, as he can sort a kit that will work no problem.

Thanks, I've had some off him before and to be honest they didn't work properly, this was well over two years ago so maybe they've improved now.

Is it definitely the A5 ones yeah? I work around the corner from Leeds Audi so i'll call in and get some, can you remember how much they were?

Yeh, not sure of the part numbers though but a quick Google should tell you.

Can't remember how much they were as I got them about a year or so ago, prices will probably have increased anyway!

Reactions: Goner
Yeh, not sure of the part numbers though but a quick Google should tell you.

Can't remember how much they were as I got them about a year or so ago, prices will probably have increased anyway!

Thanks lad.

You want these 4H0 943 021 and 4H0 943 022 from A8 4H, I have them fitted in my A3 SB 2006 and they work like a charm. Only thing I needed to do was to bend the connecting plates outwards a little so they make proper contact with the socket, otherwise it was a straightforward job.
You can order them from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/150850765595?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT or any other Audi dealership but the price there might be higher.

Reactions: Goner
Just bought a set of those for my A4 B6 Saloon, apparently they fit that with a very slight modification too. :audibash:

You want these 4H0 943 021 and 4H0 943 022 from A8 4H, I have them fitted in my A3 SB 2006 and they work like a charm. Only thing I needed to do was to bend the connecting plates outwards a little so they make proper contact with the socket, otherwise it was a straightforward job.
You can order them from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/150850765595?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT or any other Audi dealership but the price there might be higher.

Oh did they come with the screws? One of mine is rounded off for some reason so it's going to be a pain removing it.

I'm afraid they don't. But just take the screw out and any local DIY shop will sell you a similir one. Or try asking in Audi if they don't happen to have some spare ones laying around the shop floor.

Oh did they come with the screws? One of mine is rounded off for some reason so it's going to be a pain removing it.

Both my screw came out alright and were ok to reuse, however loads of other people have complained about them being a bit rubbish.

I'd just bang another similar sized screw in there, after all you can't see if unless you stick your head underneath!