LED lights and tech pack

Sussexaudi

Reaction score
Hello

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but a search just confused me more! I am awaiting delivery of my A3 SB, should be here soon and have a question about the LED lights and the tech pack. The brochure seems to suggest you need the tech pack with connect for all the extra options for the LED lights to work (motorway mode, junctions lights etc). But some people on here are saying it works with just the tech pack?

Can anyone give me their experience of what extra things the LED lights do when you have the LED option plus the tech pack?

Thanks

Richard

Reactions: phil1824
I have LED and tech pack. AFAIK tech pack is not a prerequisite for LED lights functions but if you want the junction lights to work you need some type of satnav present. Certainly no need for Connect. The only noticeable functions that my LED lights give me are the aforementioned junction lights, which come on at low speed when I approach or pass any type of junction (including side streets and roundabouts) and the increase in range when I hit around 70mph. I am still not sure if they move the beam round corners as the adaptive Xenons do, but I haven't done enough night driving to tell for sure.

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply. Really looking forward to picking the car up soon, will miss my Honda CRZ after 4 years and 80,000 miles of total trouble free driving (hope the Audi lives up to its build quality rep), but need more practicality.

Have you ordered LED and tech pack? If so you're all good!
Would be interesting if someone with LED and SD nav could confirm that junction lights do work with SD nav though.

Yes, could not convince the other half to pay more for connect and a mobile phone contract for the car. According to my dealer the car is built and awaiting a trip on a nice boat to sunny England.

Spec: A3 SB Sport 150 TDi, comfort pack, tech pack, LED lights, high beam assist, de-select sport suspension, extended warranty, Scuba blue.

It would have been a Golf GTD if my VW garage had made a better deal, but after agreeing my part ex price for the Honda and giving me test drive etc, they then broke it to me it would be min 16 week wait, they would knock £1500 off the part ex price they quoted me and I would also have to MOT my car (due in June), and service and get 4 new tyres as they would of worn down by pick up time. Audi said they would spec change a car they had on order and would take my Honda before the MOT was due if my A3 did not arrive and give me a loan car. Great service won them my order (plus the A3 interior is so much better).

Reactions: cemerson and Redgrouse
Yes, could not convince the other half to pay more for connect and a mobile phone contract for the car. According to my dealer the car is built and awaiting a trip on a nice boat to sunny England.

Spec: A3 SB Sport 150 TDi, comfort pack, tech pack, LED lights, high beam assist, de-select sport suspension, extended warranty, Scuba blue.

It would have been a Golf GTD if my VW garage had made a better deal, but after agreeing my part ex price for the Honda and giving me test drive etc, they then broke it to me it would be min 16 week wait, they would knock £1500 off the part ex price they quoted me and I would also have to MOT my car (due in June), and service and get 4 new tyres as they would of worn down by pick up time. Audi said they would spec change a car they had on order and would take my Honda before the MOT was due if my A3 did not arrive and give me a loan car. Great service won them my order (plus the A3 interior is so much better).

Nice spec and it won't be too long a wait for it to get here - mine has taken two weeks.

VW did that to me once with my trade in. Basically it was a totally different deal four months later by the time they could get me a car as they would take £500 a month off my trade in.

Audi give me a guaranteed trade in equity so no need to worry. Much better way of doing business.

Have you ordered LED and tech pack? If so you're all good!
Would be interesting if someone with LED and SD nav could confirm that junction lights do work with SD nav though.

I have SD nav, you don't get GPS based junction lights without tech pack. You do get non-gps junction lights, they come on when you indicate at a low enough speed or when the steering angle is great enough.

Also the lights do seem to bend round corners like the adaptive xenons.

I am pretty sure the turning lights work (and extended range) without GPS, but they are just assisted by GPS to make them less "speed" based

Reactions: Flibble
I have SD nav, you don't get GPS based junction lights without tech pack. You do get non-gps junction lights, they come on when you indicate at a low enough speed or when the steering angle is great enough.

Also the lights do seem to bend round corners like the adaptive xenons.

Thanks, I get it now. Are you 100% that they bend round corners? I'd like to think they do but I can't work out how since there is no mechanical swivel. I have looked out for evidence but they illuminate the road so well anyway that it's really hard to tell.

There's no mechanical swivel as you say, but they have different angled elements which switch on to illuminate around bends better than a standard forward facing light. They're noticeably better than my old non-adaptive lights on winding country lanes at least.