LED Headlight and foglight bulbs for A3 8P

Joe_800

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've visited this forum before but I've just picked up a 2.0t A3, and thought I'd sign up. I'm wondering if anyone has ever put LED bulbs into their high beam or fog lights? The reason I ask is because I had a mazda 3 before my audi with OEM HIDs. The high beams were standard halogen tho, so I put LED bulbs (proper ones with the fans and CANBUS (not the ones with a load of SMD LEDs stuck together)) in it. This worked great as I didn't need to worry about blinding other motorists with it in a reflector housing (because I don't drive down the road with my full beam on) and they complimented my HIDs well.

My question comes because I know about the eBay HID wiper-motor blowing fiasco with A3 dipped beam (and I'm currently in conversation with HIDS4U about their kits and support) but I don't know if its safe to do the same as I did with my mazda on my A3. Will I end up with a blown wiper motor or should it be ok?

Cheers

Hi everyone, I've visited this forum before but I've just picked up a 2.0t A3, and thought I'd sign up. I'm wondering if anyone has ever put LED bulbs into their high beam or fog lights? The reason I ask is because I had a mazda 3 before my audi with OEM HIDs. The high beams were standard halogen tho, so I put LED bulbs (proper ones with the fans and CANBUS (not the ones with a load of SMD LEDs stuck together)) in it. This worked great as I didn't need to worry about blinding other motorists with it in a reflector housing (because I don't drive down the road with my full beam on) and they complimented my HIDs well.

My question comes because I know about the eBay HID wiper-motor blowing fiasco with A3 dipped beam (and I'm currently in conversation with HIDS4U about their kits and support) but I don't know if its safe to do the same as I did with my mazda on my A3. Will I end up with a blown wiper motor or should it be ok?

Cheers
you might want to have a word with @t8ups as he is the lights man , you will find him in the sponsors section EM - Tuning hope this helps