Led Foglight bulbs - Canbus Question

miv

Reaction score
I fitted canbus led's to my number plate but nobody sells H11 canbus foglight bulbs (other than HID kits). Is anyone running regular H11 led bulbs and if so, do they throw up any errors or flicker??

Cheers

The front fogs aren't linked into the bulb warning system so you should be fine.

Another user on here tried LED H11's and decided they were useless.

The front fogs aren't linked into the bulb warning system so you should be fine.

They are. Or at least mine are. I had my fog lights removed to lamin-x them and the dash still bleeped everytime I started the car saying 'front left foglight' and 'front right foglight' with a blown bulb symbol.

Fair enough, I'll stand corrected then, I didn't think they were.

On my early B6, the only bulbs that seem to be connected to the DIS are the headlights.

Checking my lights the other evening, I had one brake light bulb out, and one inboard tail light gone as well!

Easy enough to replace, I'm a bit sad and carry spare bulbs with me in the boot, along with a toolkit, spare coil packs and HID ballast/capsule. Such is B6 ownership at times! :)

Mine is a 2002 and gave me the alert when a number plater light and rear side light went out so I will assume that it will be the same for the fogs. Might just get some upgraded halogen bulbs then.

Cheers for the response,

I have led bulbs in my front foglights
They produce no bulb warnings but also no useable light
all there good for is an extra set of lights to make you more visible in bad weather .

Photo0345-2.jpg

all there good for is an extra set of lights to make you more visible in bad weather .

Photo0345-2.jpg

Cheers, seems like some B6's throw up warnings and others don't then. Think I'll stick with an ungraded halogen bulb although the led's look nice and match the led sidelights and xenons better!

Photo0345-2.jpg

Hi Paul - what bulbs have you got and where did you get them?

Cheers

Chris

Another user on here tried LED H11's and decided they were useless.

I had them in mine, again a near perfect match for my hid's but a useless light.

Hi Paul - what bulbs have you got and where did you get them?

Cheers

Chris
Hi mate
dare i say i got them off ebay
im sure my brother inlaw still has a set in his cupboard
i will ask him at the weekend if he wants to get rid of them if you want some .