LED Fog Lights - Done!

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Finally got my LED fog lights installed, with no errors on the DIS or in VCDS (thats pretty good on a 2010+ car!) Thanks to tu8ps for sorting me out with the kit to do this. We had a few issues to start with, but its all come good now. tu8ps is a top bloke.

Before anyone says it I know the white light of the fogs will now be crap in fog, but I don't care. I never use my front fogs, even if I do they don't do anything, and I just wanted them to match the LED DRLs and Xenons for the coming/leaving home lights. Look so much better now than the horrid yellow ones!

Pics (Left LED, Right Old)

1.JPG

2.JPG

Both fitted:

3.JPG

4.JPG

Any questions, let me know. I'm fully LED'ed up now :)

Reactions: mr misery and Harrelson
cost mate? may get some looks better than the crappy yellow,

Just a question ...are these as bright as the standard foglights or more like drl's?

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but you did say to let you know if there were any questions Silky ;)

I'm confused as to why you need the resistor. Without it would you get an error on the DIS? I was under the impression (probably wrongly) that the bulb check wasn't done on front fogs.

Also, how bright are they in real life? I've currently activated my front fogs as DRL's and dimmed them to 40%. I think it's still possible to dim the LED bulbs, but would I need to? To oncoming traffic do yours look as bright as fog lights, or are they a less bright light that I can use as DRL's without the need to dim them?

Lastly, are the ones you fitted an H7 base with a 'tower' of SMD LED's where the normal glass bit would be? The are loads on ebay when you search for H7 LED, but they all use different numbers of LED's. Can you remember how many yours were, or can you recommend where you got yours from?
(I'm assuming the facelift's like yours still use H7's?)

I hope you don't mind all the questions, but I don't want to waste my money and buy something that isn't what I'm looking for.

You might be right.
I know the pre-facelift models are H7, but I haven't ever seen the later ones.

danb986, He got the bulbs from T8ups, he's a member here and he's posted in this thread so send him a PM. I'd be interested to know the outcome as I may do this myself.

I've taken the plunge and just ordered a pair off of ebay. They were only £3.99 delivered, so I'm not holding out much hope of them being amazing, but it's just an experiment really. This way if it doesn't work out then I'm not going to be bothered about wasting £4.

They're coming from Hong Kong (of course) so I've no idea how long they'll take to arrive. They have sent me an email saying they;re dispatched already, but I'll keep you informed of how it goes.

Is it hard to change the fog bulbs? Thinking of replace the stock bulbs with Diamond Vision 5000K. Cant find any "how to" somewhere.

I did mine recently using the instructions in the handbook. I think it was a case of pulling the grille out of it's clips and then there's 3 screws holding the light in place. When these are undone the light pulls forward and you can get to the back of the unit to remove the bulb.

£26 but do need a resistor which is supplied with the bulbs, only have one pair left tho.

Are you able to give us any info as to where YOU got them from or the exact type of globe for us Aussie owners who have been searching for this for a while???

Are you able to give us any info as to where YOU got them from or the exact type of globe for us Aussie owners who have been searching for this for a while???

AFAIK, Trups makes them.

AFAIK, Trups makes them.

James, i dont make these ones, they are an off the shelf product, The panel bulb i designed around the VAG unit as i could not find a bulb that would work good and paid for moulds from my supplier (factory that make the LED's) and had them done which is why no one sells anything like this bulb. i have a few others coming in october that i have also designed so my exclusive range is expanding, there will also be the DRL bulbs and the 2009+ number plate bulbs which i will start woroking on next week so i can get them in by the end of oct ready for darker months for you guys.

Poli, i can supply you these to AUS, i supplied Martin with the imola yellow s3 his interior pack and plate bulbs, only take a week to get there, i can supply the whole kit for the above price or you can get them from ebay but there are only sellers from hong kong, they are 27smd H11, i cant tell you which are best as i only use my supplier and i always ask when my order is done they use the brighter SMD's which is why all the ones i supply are bright.

please PM if you have any other questions. :thumbsup:

James, i dont make these ones, they are an off the shelf product, The panel bulb i designed around the VAG unit as i could not find a bulb that would work good and paid for moulds from my supplier (factory that make the LED's) and had them done which is why no one sells anything like this bulb. i have a few others coming in october that i have also designed so my exclusive range is expanding, there will also be the DRL bulbs and the 2009+ number plate bulbs which i will start woroking on next week so i can get them in by the end of oct ready for darker months for you guys.

Aah my bad, cheers for clearing that up. I'm looking forward to the outcome of these numberplate bulbs; you'll be a very popular man on these forums if you manage to crack the elusive LED numberplate bulb errors for 09+ cars!:superman:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys! Looks like all the questions have been answered?

The fog lights still look great and no errors, they really look good with my LED number plate bulbs as well. Well happy :)

I spotted this a while back but I'm too much of a girl to dismantle my car! Waiting on a simple bulb replacement fix :happy:

Its easy mate, 20 min job. If you need to any help drop me a PM.

Matt, if you have a chance can you get some pictures up of wher you mounted the resistor for the fog light led setup?

Thanks

T8ups have got got any more fog light for purchase pal? They look amazing