1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED envy!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Super Ben, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Super Ben

Super Ben New Member

Hi everyone first post so bare with me! Currently own a 54 plate 1.6 A3, absolutely love it (pictures will be up soon!!) However I LOVE the look of the newer inbuilt LEDs in the 2011-2013 model so I done abit of research and came across a minefield of possibilities however most of these are cheap conversion kits on eBay and I don't want a cheap look. What's the best way to install LEDs that look as if they were standard and not some cheap ones on the net? Anyone done this before? Thanks guys :)
  2. Super Ben

Super Ben New Member

I should specify I'm talking about the side lights. For example 180097d1274357668-audi-bmw-mercedes-led-side-lights-audi-a3-copy.jpg
  3. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

Its going to be either a very cheap route or its going to be a very expensive route. Expensive route is buy the full facelift front end and then fit and then paint. Will cost a lot. Price will end up being in the £1000s

Cheap route is buy the chavvy headlights thats out there. Price will be between £150 to £300 depending on brand and design.

Me personally would go the expensive route however I would gradually buy the parts one at a time so therefore more cheaper compared to buying everything together. There is the off chance that complete front end would come up for peanuts.

All upto you mate! :p
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Depends on the headlights fitted now & of course your end goal/budget.
  5. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Active Member

get some leds from t8ups and call it a day. it'll be way too expensive to get the full front end, and its not gonna make a diff to ur resale value
  6. Super Ben

Super Ben New Member

Yeah my budget is nowhere near enough to start replacing the front end :( I think it will have to be buying the LEDs and just fitting them, anyone got any good recommendation's?
  7. Yolo_8p3

Yolo_8p3 Member

I have the facelift model and it came with halogens as standard as mine and even when I've been upgrading to the new drls it's not been cheap:thumbdown:
    At the end of the day you get what you pay for simples :thumbup: