LED DRL's

JimC64

Reaction score
car01.jpg

Hey guys,
seriously considering doing the mod of adding LED DRL's to the front bumper of my A6.
Here's a link to the type I'm considering link
If you look at the White Audi bottom left just above the golf, that sort of positioning but hopefully, look more like the BM bottom right pic.

I have a sparky that would do the job for me and with my headlight upgrade ( bulbs ) for the dipped, mainbeams, fogs and sidelights I think they'll look really good.

Anyone have any comments, or has anyone got any advice or pics of any completed mods? Much appreciated.....

Obviously if I go ahead with the mod I'll do a write up for the forum
beerchug.gif

Well, DRL LED's ordered today and should arrive in a few days time. Once th car comes back from the paintshop and has been resprayed and polished I should be able to move on with the rest of the work such as getting these fitted.......I'll post it up of course
beerchug.gif

Thanks

car01.jpg

Well guys, got the DRL's fitted today
biggrin.gif

These are the ones I fitted link
Really reasonable at the price I thought and they seem exactly the same as the ones on the Autobulbs website as far as I could see.

Anyhow, I started by removing the fog light housings and offering them up into position. They even followed the curvature of the housing PERFECTLY
approve.gif

I marked the hole positions and drilled the holes to suit.
Note; on the drivers side I had to cut away a hole for the light to fit into. I didn't have this hassle on the passenger side as thats where the intercooler is, so only a pain on the drivers side
zx11.gif

It all went well and I got them all bolted up into position and they looked pretty cool I thought...took around an hour and a half I'd say.
Then off to my friendly sparky....He took around 2 hours to complete the wiring and eired them into an ignition feed which means they're on always.
Anyway, I think they look pretty stock from a distance and good even pretty close up....Its only on closer inspection you can see they are aftermarket I'd say, but obviously I'm biased
wink.gif

Cost of lights £45 approx, cost of sparky £30....total cost £75

Please judge for yourself in the following pic fest.....I tried to take from as many different angles, close up and at a distance to give you an idea of how they look. Hope you like....

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 134KB.
audidrl8.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 138KB.
audidrl7.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 156KB.
audidrl6.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 126KB.
audidrl5.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 130KB.
audidrl4.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 129KB.
audidrl3.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 111KB.
audidrl2.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 149KB.
audidrl1.jpg

Jim