LED DRL's without having to install the resistors !!

Ive tried three sets off ebay so far, all claiming canbus all went back, given up now

You'd have thought somebody would have designed a set by now !

I know people on here have got some off ebay and they work fine but i cant find 'em!

Might just go down the resistor route, not hard and i'll know it will work for sure

I'll go down the resistor route now after a few ebay failures !
Who is the best trusted supplier?
Cheers

Hi
Thanks for the info. I 've had a look but they don't sell the lamps on their own. I am after the P21W lamp for both my DRL's. I already have OEM xenons fitted so no point in swapping lamp units.

I'd highly recommend the CREE style LED's - you still need resistors but they're very bright!

Wyliss did you manage to sort your quirey??. So am I right in thinking you can use DRLS with cars that have factory xennons ??

I've got oem bi-xenons on my B7 and absolutely hate the look of the halogen DRLs...bluuurgghhh :( Anyway after a bit of research, came across these CREE LEDs (1156 is same as 382 fitting used in UK), however they may require a resistor so may not be suitable...have emailed the seller to ask him if they're canbus friendly:
1156 S25 Single Filament Cree + SMD Light Bulbs - Turn Signal Lights, Corner Lights, Reverse Lights, and more!

Alternatively many A4 owners across the pond recommend these bulbs:
Amazon.com: Pilot XC-1156W Xenon White HID Chrome Coated Glass Bulb: Automotive

Problem is these are 27w whereas the stock bulbs are 21w so could potentially melt the housing :(

Wyliss did you manage to sort your quirey??. So am I right in thinking you can use DRLS with cars that have factory xennons ??
Hi
Still haven't sorted it. It's a must having the resistors !
Cree maybe hopeful.