`leccy seat terror

I

imported_s3pjm

Button on seat up/down function only works on the down.Patiently explained to Audi,so what do they do?!!!

they pressed it on "down" `till it`s on the floor,and then tried the "up" button to no avail.Guess what,seat is now on floor and they`ve quoted £250 for a new switch,
I now look about 8 years old as i drive.

Is there a way of raising the seat manually or something like that,not involving removal of entire seat???

Desperate and in need of a cushion

s3pjm

I`m sure someone has a solution,

perhaps involving a screwdriver and a hairclip.

where`s that spirit of British ingenuity??

S3 shorty

Just put a baseball cap on, pump up the stereo and do some donuts in your local Maccy's car park

mine is permanently down. Infact I am convinced the passenger seat goes lower. mines doesn't go low enough for my liking.

I would if i could see over the dash!

I guess this is the closest i`ll get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gifto a 911 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ok,but are you 5"8"? Like my short *** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

If it's only the switch thats at fault you should be able to bypass it fairly easily to get seat back up, as a one off. Or can the height switch be removed on it's own, and swapped for one on passenger side? as a temp measure.

Perhaps try removing it and cleaning the contacts/connections.
£250 seems a bit steep?
Good luck!
Chris.

I suspect its more than the switch thats gone for 250 quid.. Not even Audi charge that much for one switch.

Apparently,It`s the cost of removing the seat that bumps up the cost-Audi think of everything... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah I think it is easy to remove. They are having a laugh! I had Some recaro's in my Mk2 Golf which were electric hight adjusted and I had the same problem. I removed the seat and cleaned up all the contacts. Worked fine after this.

As mentioned earlier, you could always reverse the switch to get the seat back up for the time being.

Rich.

just get a haynes manual from the library for free or halfords for £15. they do tell you how to remove your seat, as well as rebuild your gearbox and angine (why?!?!).

It would be an interesting thing to see the breakdown of the labour charge!!

Seat comes out easy!
Disconnect battery (god I sound like Haynes already!) Slide seat back and remove front cover. This should reveal two bolts. Undo these and push seat backwards. The front of the seat should come out of its mount.
Lift up the front slightly and disconnect wires to swithces etc, to prevent damage.(this is why you disconnected your battery in beginning, so it doesn't screw up your Airbag light - Been there!) Now tilt the seat forward so you can see the rear runners. Remove covers from rear of runners, and slide seat to the back until they come out.
Job done,
Cheers, Chris.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mine is permanently down. Infact I am convinced the passenger seat goes lower. mines doesn't go low enough for my liking.

[/ QUOTE ]
I with you on that one , the standard a3 seats i had before were much lower too.