Leather retrim for A3?

RacingTeatray

Freezing in Moscow
Reaction score
Am thinking that if is not cost-efficient to sell current car, then better to keep it and modify it (in the best possible taste of course!).

Does anyone know the answers to the following:

1) how much it would cost to do a decent leather retrim on A3 sports seats;

2) where is a decent place in the London area to get this done; and

3) whether there is any difficulty caused by having the side-airbags in the sides of the front seats?

Cheers!

Maybe worth buying a set of second hand S3 seats. I've seen these going for approx £500 ish.

Rich.

these cost 800 for a custom job contact auto-kit leather systems on 01332858298 and ask for martin who will do a great deal less than mine, also there quality is second to non as they supplt bmw with there warranty work on leather

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

I think those should be standard in all S3's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rich.

theres a company called B-Trim near ponders end they get a lot of work from BMW dealers
but i've also seen them refit a B5 A4 T-sport and the work was quality. they pretty much
deal with any prestige car

lol DickyS3

Those are certainly eye-catching, pimp my ride-esque!!! I'm sure they do all one colour leather for those not so adventurous!

I'm still vouching for Schaffino leather!

(01902) 312088 Prices around £550 - £700 for a FULL retrim, either one or two tone. They are based in Wolverhapton (midlands).

Here's a sample, real top quality!!

trim6.jpg

My local porsche/ ferrari dealer did mine top notch job using porsche nappa leather ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HPIM0146.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
My local porsche/ ferrari dealer did mine top notch job using porsche nappa leather ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HPIM0146.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a bubble in your seats Jimbo? If so I had the same problem with my recaros and fixed it witha hair dryer! All you need to do is keep moving the hair dryer over the area and it will slowly shrink out.

Hope this helps? If its not a bubble then ignore everything I said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich.

Yeah it was , that pic was taken the day i got it back , took it back the week after and they refitted the whole panel properley! :-D

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
Yeah it was , that pic was taken the day i got it back , took it back the week after and they refitted the whole panel properley! :-D

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh ok! Doesn't it just p*ss you off that they give you back your seats like this???

Surely they didn't think you would be happy with the bubble? They are the experts, surely they could have rectified this before they gave them back to you!

It seems like everyone does the same thing these days! The Quality of workmanship in the UK is falling IMO! I'm always taking things back to get it fixed properly! If I can spot the problems then surely the "experts" can!

Sorry RANT OVER! (Hit a nurve I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

And relax....
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
Drysdale said:
lol DickyS3

Those are certainly eye-catching, pimp my ride-esque!!! I'm sure they do all one colour leather for those not so adventurous!

I'm still vouching for Schaffino leather!

(01902) 312088 Prices around £550 - £700 for a FULL retrim, either one or two tone. They are based in Wolverhapton (midlands).

Here's a sample, real top quality!!

trim6.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my giddy aunt, wtf is that? WHAT IS THAT PRIVATE PILE? lol
Seriously, the quality looks good but the colours are hideous, whats wrong with people?

Thats what u get from saxo owners! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
god_thats_quick said:
dickys3 how much did they charge you for doing the bits in the front and I trust they would happily sort out my yellow / black front seats etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm not sure what you mean... I didn't have my seats retrimmed! Have you gone mad? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Rich.