gordybaillie

Reaction score
Hi

I have bought a full cream leather interior for my car,
front seats
back seats
door cards and rear cards
and arm rest

Cost quite a bit of money but strugling at the moment so not sure whether to sell it or keep it and get it fitted?

Only gonna cost about £100 to get it fitted locally but unsure......

Got if for sale on this site if anyone wants to see any pics, heres the link

http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=951

why pay someone to fit it when it can be easily done yourself which will save you a few quid

Not sure how hard it will be to fit, looks easy enough but dont want to make a mess of it

as Robin says, fit it yourself, not hard, out of interest, how much did you get the lot for and where from?

how can you mess it up, ???

if you do then pay someone £100 to sort it, first try your self

My advice would be have a look at the backs of all the door cards and see if the clips are there or have broken. If they are all there and in good condition do it yourself. This is the "difficult bit" the rest is very very easy.

If they are not there then find one that is ok, wander down to your local Audi dealer and order the replacement s plus 2-3 extras. Then have a go yourself. remember when you take yours off it may all come aoff and you will have spares etc anyway. The issue is that retrofitting individual clips can be a real pain.

Also when you come to take yours off, look at where the clips are on your new ones and that will help you get the old off. Do it carefullly and you can then sell your interior on this site or ebay. someone will buy it as

If it's only going to cost £100,I'd get it fitted.
The hell with putting yourself into the contortions needed to DIY.
I've watched that bloke off 'wheeler dealers' do it several times.

bowfer said:
If it's only going to cost £100,I'd get it fitted.
The hell with putting yourself into the contortions needed to DIY.

Exactly. Know your limits, that's my motto. I don't care how easy everyone says it is, I was born cack handed. If you balls it up you have the walk of shame and confirmation that you're an idiot. If they balls it up you get to shout at them and demand it's put right. Easy choice for me :)

killa_z said:
as Robin says, fit it yourself, not hard, out of interest, how much did you get the lot for and where from?

Got if for £750 off ebay, would take £650 for it though as stugling a bit at the moment. PM me if your interested.

Cheers for the comments guy, i can see both sides of the argument here however i have changed door cards on my previous car and 2 of the clips were broken and there was a slight rattle (i HATE it when something rattles in my car, even more when i know i made it rattle lol).
However it does not look hard at all to fit, just the clips are putting me off!
Still cant really decide if i should be getting it fitted or give it a try myself.

gordybaillie said:
Got if for £750 off ebay, would take £650 for it though as stugling a bit at the moment. PM me if your interested.

Cheers for the comments guy, i can see both sides of the argument here however i have changed door cards on my previous car and 2 of the clips were broken and there was a slight rattle (i HATE it when something rattles in my car, even more when i know i made it rattle lol).
However it does not look hard at all to fit, just the clips are putting me off!
Still cant really decide if i should be getting it fitted or give it a try myself.

if someone would be wiling to swap it for a black set from their car, i'd buy it off you and do the trade that way???

gordybaillie said:
Black leather? PM if your interested, cheers

yes, im after a black leather interior set if possible and if there is anyone who prefers the cream over the black and already has the black and is willing to trade, we could have a win-win-win situation, i may even pay for removing and fitting costs

if this applies to you, give me a shout