1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leather Care

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by WaterBoy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. WaterBoy

WaterBoy New Member

Hi Guys,

Firstly I'd like to say hello... I'm pretty new to this forumn and extremly new to Detailing!

So after picking up an 08 plate A3 Sportback back in July I promised myself I would give it the care and attention it needed. Looking at the pictures on this site and Polised Bliss (and other sites - sorry hope I've not offended anyone for not mentioning them!!) I have fallen in love with the results you guys get and am working towards getting kitted up with products and start on making my A3 gleem!

I traded in a Leon Cupra R for the A3, I loved the Leon to bits but after 90k miles and nearly 8 years of owership it was time to move on. One of the things that used to annoy me on the Leon was how shinny the steering wheel had become. When I picked up the A3 the steering wheel felt quite nice and had like a dull matte look. However after 4 months of ownership and 5k miles the steering wheel is turning slightly shinny. Can anyone recommend a product for me to use on the leather steering wheel to return it to it's orginal condition ?

My A3 has full leater so I guess I'd be able to use the same product on the seats / trims etc?

I do feel a bit cheeky for asking as I've not had the time to spend into looking up the answer for myself so sorry about that but I wanted to make sure I sorted the wheel out sooner rather then later.

Thanks peeps :eek:)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

hey thas wa were here for is advice personally i use zymol leather cleaner n megs gold class conditioner
    but i think the product to have for leather is glipton here is a thread my mate Colin of PRD done when he refurb/cleaned some leather seats for his better halfs stuning GTi Polo
    hope it helps

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detailing/120915-side-project.html