Learning the hard way....

Tom_B

Reaction score
Experince replacing the CTS yesterday when it was minus 2 the clip that locks the CTS in place snapped because it was cold and I was clumsy. But what about the origional one? I hear you ask, stooopidly I did the same thing twice!

You may have experience on this though... the A4 2000 V6 TDi Q has cloudy coolant. Not exactly milky - it doesnt look like oil contamination - no milky oil in the oil filler cap or visible there. Heater works fine - temp gauge doesn't register this is fairly recent . Coolant tank isn't pressurised. Car drives really nicely. CTS just replaced so I dont think the guage thing is that.

So I guess my question is what can contaminate the coolant on a car like this? THe VW caravelle I owned from new ran completely clear pink propa G12 coolant all its life - do I need to be worried?

thanks in advance,
Tom

I wouldnt worry if the level is steady.My previous 2.5Tdi had dirty looking coolant but never had any problems.Present one has had new coolant when cambelt was done and stayed pink so you could change yours and see what happens.Has it ever had blue not red added?

The corrosion inhibitors in coolant become less effective with time as they do their job. It's well worth draining the old coolant, giving the system a thorough flush through with a hose, and then replacing 50:50 with Comma G30 (G12+) and distilled water. May well save you a heater matrix further down the road.