1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

leaky roof or window??

ALPINE Mar 15, 2010

1. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

my 3 door has the silly pushy outy windows on the back, and i can only assume the subber seal is Fooked, as i now have a wet patch top nearside roof after car washing it. The window looks sealed but if i push it there is a little movment.. New rubber seal jobby, or can the window be adjusted to close tighter?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone had the same problem or suggest any other cause?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. ALPINE

b
    u
    m
    p

3. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

The inside of the roof rails is like a water catch plate with tubes running down the A and C pillars into the wheel arches, i had some kind of acorn thing stuck in the hole for the C pillar tube and when ever it got wet it was over fliwing, u need to take off the plastic trim around the boot opening to pull the headlining down and fish for anything stuck in ther blocking it.

4. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

Just a thought but could it be from the aerial base, getting in and running across to that area?

5. ALPINE

its just weird how its never leaked before which makes me think it could be the window rubber.

i really have no other idea, cant see it being from the arial, surley it would be wet near the rear light on the roof lineing.

i really dont know

6. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

it deff wont be the window rubber, it wud be getting wet below the window if that was the case, not above it, mine didnt do it till one day it started getting damp then the next its was water pouring out. id place money that it was the drain hole was blocked, only way ul know for sure is to look inside the roof lining

7. ALPINE

cool, ill get on the case thanks.