1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

leaking roof

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by fkr, Aug 25, 2012.

1. fkr

fkr New Member

[Aug 25, 2012]
    hi all looking for help. just got a 5 yr old a4 cabriolet. hadit week and the roof has leaked . has anyone else had this problem?what can i do ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. ROB A4 CAB

ROB A4 CAB New Member

[Aug 25, 2012]
    hello fkr i had the same problem i was parked on a slope in a heavy downpour and my roof leaked on the front drivers side at the top of the a pillar theres a rubber seal down the a pillar with a hole forming a drain channel to the base of the pillar i just slowly and carefully poked a long piece of stiff wire down the hole to clear a blockage.i then cleaned and reproofed the whole roof using a cabriolet cleaner by autoglym no problems since hope this helps
  4. fkr

fkr New Member

[Aug 26, 2012]
    Thanks, going to take it back today and ask them to do the above, hopefully this sorts it for me too
  5. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

[Aug 27, 2012]
    Cleaning and sealing is a must is water doesn't bead on the roof. I used autoglym the first time I did it, did the job but I've been told 303 cleaner/sealer is a much better product, so I'd recommend that.

If you actually read the A4 cab handbook it says some water ingress is normal...