1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

leaking power steering fluid

Santigu89 Aug 10, 2012

1. Santigu89

Santigu89 New Member

I was driving around the other day and I noticed my p/s fluid was low so I topped it off. Finished up what I was doing and heard this whining sound so I check my p/s again and it was low. Started looking around and noticed I was dripping p/s fluid which seemed to be coming from the high pressure hose. I cut off the insulation around it and fluid began pooring out of the insulation. I cleaned and dried the hose to made sure it was good. Turned the car on and noticed a little leak from the beggin of the high pressure hose so input a clamp on it and the leak is still there. Would a minor leak from the hose cause me to loose so much fluid or Is there somewhere else I should check? I was thinking on usin Lucus Oil power steering fluid stop. I am open to anything and have all weekend to find the problem. Suggestions please !

2. Willf

Willf Member

If the hose is split - you need a new hose!

Change ASAP - it will only get worse. When the pump whines - its low on oil and they dont tend to like that too much!

3. hitman1978

hitman1978 Member

mines just been doing the same, mine ended up with a new rack