Leaking into footwell - with picture

nick4501

Reaction score
Hi guys. After realising that I can no longer take my car to a car wash, due to water leaking into the passenger side footwell, I decided to attempt to get to the bottom of it today.

I've read numerous posts on here about it and they all imply that my drainage holes are blocked with leaves, causing it to spill over the top of my pollen filter and enter the car that way....THIS IS NOT THE CASE!

I took a hose pipe and blasted loads of water down this hole, just to the right of the pollen filter:

1ior2d.jpg

The passage didn't seem to block, and no water collected at the top of the hole entrance...but it all went directly into my footwell! What the hell is causing this?! What should I do?

That is not a drainage hole, it is an access through the bulkhead. It normally has a rubber blanking grommet sealing it which someone seems to have removed. You just need to buy a new grommet to seal it up so its water tight.

That is not a drainage hole, it is an access through the bulkhead. It normally has a rubber blanking grommet sealing it which someone seems to have removed. You just need to buy a new grommet to seal it up so its water tight.

pmsl ....i was looking at that thinking **** me i could get a right power cable down that for the battery in the boot...

Hahaha! Oops! I could feel a rubber grommit in that hole when I shoved my finger in it, but it certainly isn't enough to stop rain water (as the hose pipe test showed!). Do I then need to cover the hole completely and ensure that it's water tight?

Also - if this isn't the drainage hole, where is it?! Please could someone post a pic of the same place on their car, so I can see how that hole should look?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Previous owner may have used it for a power cable and not sealed it when they removed the cable. It should be very tight. Either get the proper grommet from Audi or use a generic one from a DIY store and go over it with silicone

Previous owner may have used it for a power cable and not sealed it when they removed the cable. It should be very tight. Either get the proper grommet from Audi or use a generic one from a DIY store and go over it with silicone

I have done this lol…… will this cause me any problems? thx!