1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaking fluid... But from where?

V8Guzzler Feb 2, 2012

1. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

After a drive up the motorway today when I parked up I noticed fairly rapid dripping from the front valance from the engine bay just under where the fog light is. It was not teaming out but it was a good drip drip drip. I thought it may be the pipe that feeds the headlight washer, so I topped up the washer bottle drove home. No water lost from the water bottle... Checked coolant level this hasn't moved either. I am baffled... Any ideas?

2. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Is it water or oil? Could have a cracked intercooler you get a bit of oil mist in there from the crank breather

3. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

it still could be the washers mate, last year my ones froze up and busted the seals, i was only losing water after id used them, then after enough pressure had dropped the dripping would stop,

4. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

This sounds very likely - she is in tomorrow having brakes checked so will have a nosey at the washer pipes - cheers

5. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

Serviced today - still leaking from headlight feed offside - how easy is this to get to? Any how to guides on this at all anywhere?

6. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport