1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaking fluid... But from where?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by V8Guzzler, Feb 2, 2012.

1. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Member

[Feb 2, 2012]
    After a drive up the motorway today when I parked up I noticed fairly rapid dripping from the front valance from the engine bay just under where the fog light is. It was not teaming out but it was a good drip drip drip. I thought it may be the pipe that feeds the headlight washer, so I topped up the washer bottle drove home. No water lost from the water bottle... Checked coolant level this hasn't moved either. I am baffled... Any ideas?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. stu_m

stu_m Active Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 2, 2012]
    Is it water or oil? Could have a cracked intercooler you get a bit of oil mist in there from the crank breather
  4. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Feb 2, 2012]
    it still could be the washers mate, last year my ones froze up and busted the seals, i was only losing water after id used them, then after enough pressure had dropped the dripping would stop,
  5. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Member

[Feb 2, 2012]
    This sounds very likely - she is in tomorrow having brakes checked so will have a nosey at the washer pipes - cheers
  6. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Member

[Mar 12, 2012]
    Serviced today - still leaking from headlight feed offside - how easy is this to get to? Any how to guides on this at all anywhere?
  7. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport