1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaking caliper

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by zeeeebo, Jan 18, 2010.

1. zeeeebo

zeeeebo Lifes one big laugh

[Jan 18, 2010]
    Ok so a month ago my flexible hosing burst and I got the garage to mend it costing 77 quid. Then my brakes started leaking again so tool it back and they said it was a corroded brake line bolt and had to sand the caliper down and refit with new bolt , this cost another 151 quid which I was not happy about! My brakes now feel really soft and spoungy, why is this? Are they ok
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. ian bleakley

ian bleakley New Member

[Jan 18, 2010]
    you must have air in the system they should have blead the brakes getting all the air out, you should take it back and get them to finish the job (bleed the system)
  4. zeeeebo

[Jan 18, 2010]
    This is what I thought but they aren't as bad as un bled brakes
  5. ian bleakley

ian bleakley New Member

[Jan 18, 2010]
    it could be your brake master cylinder if your flexi burst and you have been using your brakes you could have flipped a seal dont think you can get repair kits anymore so you will have to replace it...................................hope this helps.
  6. zeeeebo

[Jan 18, 2010]
    they are still working fine just feel a bit softer than usual. just went for a brakey drive and are now feelin a bit better