1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCR top mounts, Ball joints and Drop links.

Dani_B19 Feb 24, 2011

1. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Evening all.

Wheres the best place to get the above (they will be for a s3)? Seat want over well over £60 notes for the top mounts and thats not even with the bearings :scared2:.

Also, im going to be dropping the s3 on some coilovers by about 25mm - 30mm, will the standard drop links be ok to prevent the ARB rubbing on the driveshafts or does the s3 not suffer from this like the golf boys.

Cheers :).

2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

S3s wont suffer the arb issue that a3s have mate

3. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

I'm sure i only paid about £20 for my top mounts from Audi a few years ago lol

4. Dani_B19

Thanks dave.

I think thats about right for the standard S3 one's sandip but i want some LCR as they are a higher rating in stiffness.

5. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

Hmmm...learn something new everyday! :)

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

The uprated LCR ones are more expensive than the std top mounts used on all the other cars... £30 each sounds right to me and AFAIK only available through TPS or a SEAT dealer

<tuffty/>

7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

std top mounts are around 55 durometer while LCR ones are 80 durometer... they are much harder than std...

<tuffty/>

8. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

Haha, what a result! My LCR weitec coilovers for the track car came with brand new LCR topmounts! I thought they seemed pretty hard!

9. JamJay

JamJay Member

Hi all.

I have an LCR and I can confirm that the LCR top mounts are a lot bulkier and stiffer than your S3/TT 225 mounts. My 2003 LCR came with the same top mounts that you are using which looked completely different to what I recenetly replaced them with, I even questioned if I had the right part but it all fits fine. SEAT revised this part ar some point, I guess after many warranty recalls and the result was these bigger and stiffer mounts. SEAT now also use the stiffer front wishbone bushes that you S3's run as standard, I went for this setup over polybushes to retain a street-car feel...+ coilovers :p.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  10. Dani_B19

Prawn ya jammy git, lol.

So either TPS or seat then, looks like ill just have to bite the bullet i spose.