lcr splitter

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I see alot of you have got lcr splitters. I was just wondering where you got them from?
Thats all really.
Thanks Johnny

Was it hard to fit?
I take it it will need to be mod?

Seat Main Dealer, cheaper than Ebay...

Majority of people have got them from there as it has actually ended up being cheaper than on the bay, but its one of those situations, where you think you are getting a bargain off the bay.

Dealers doing good for a change :)

If you do a search, you will see a few guides on how to fit it, basically it screws in and needs a couple of pieces filing/cut down so that it fits more flush.

£16 trade from Tps parts tewkesbury you have to have an account with them though

Got mine from a fellow ASN member for dealer price. Don't think i'm going to fit it though... kinda prefer the rounded look of the standard front, plus can't be ars*d removing it for snow and the speed-mountains around here are breeding like rabbits.
I think some people just put one on for the sake of it, or because it's the 'done thing'.

Had mine for 3 months brand new from the Seat dealer.

Havn't done anything with it though... Hmmmm

Rav you going to fit it??

Im thinking of getting one, but just aint got round to it yet!!

I had mine fitted last year, but careless garages have ruined it, I am planing to add more screws to hold it in place, even screw the two studs in the middle so it looks all flushed.

I drilled holes through the splitter, but once I had everything lined up, yes screwed straight into the bumper with stainless self tappers. (think I used nearly 20). Oh and heating up the splitter where it meets up profile of the bumper (near the wheel arch) makes for a neater job.

Chris

Rav you going to fit it??

Im thinking of getting one, but just aint got round to it yet!!

keep humming and arrhging about it really mate. sometimes i think it looks good sometimes i think it looks better oem. Not sure mate

theres two ways to fit these dont forget, some align the sides up to the black drop off plates that come from the arches, i personally cut mine so that it fitted flush to the curve in the side of the bumper, looks far more OEM.... just have to sit there slicing the splitter like a potato peeler with the stanley to get the right angle..... i drilled some guide holes when fitting mine, then also fitted two longer screws with big washers to make the two middle struts sit securely

have found over time though that thick tapping screws are far better than the thin ones, have replaced mine so many times from the splitter getting caught on garage ramps