lcr brembos... what lightweight wheels will fit?

Mikemc

Scooby Slayer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
as title? after some 17 by 8s track wheels that will fit over lcr brembos without spacing them or at the most very little

pretty much any 8J 17" rim will fit over LCR brembos, just make sure they're the correct offset... You want them to be about ET30/35

A lot of the light weight jap rims (rota etc) in 5x100 often come in some limp wristed subaru offset (ET50 or something!?) avoid them, also worth keeping an eye on centre bore as some are too small. . . 8l centre bore is 57.1mm

Cheers buddy, there going on a polo gti 1.8 20vt, just this is the closest part of the forum :)

As Lewis said, you shouldn't get issues.

Any lightweight rim should be Motorsport inspired in some form. As such, brake clearance should be taken into account in design.

As a result, almost all lightweight rims also have massive brake clearance as a bonus :)

I've never had to space any of my 17x8's for any of my brake setups.

I bought some team dynamics before I bought my Porsche twists, and they needed 20mm spacers maybe 18mm. But I guess they were et 45* but it caused them to poke. I'd imagine lcr wings are slightly wider than my polo too? But thanks lads, I'm on a search for some 17x8 team dynamics

ET45 with 20mm spacers would effectively give you an offset of ET25... So yea, I wouldn't be surprised if they poked!

Couldn't comment on either LCR or 9N3 arch clearance however, but an offset of ET35ish should be a good bench mark

Team Dynamics Pro Race 3, 7x17(only size) ET38(not sure if other offsets available), LCR Brembo fit behind these, not as light as the Pro Race 1.2's though, (9.2 KG's each)

Sorry to revive a thread but I need a little help, Would BBS RSii wheels clear Brembos with et33 18x8J ?