LCR Brembo on S3 with 18 RSTT Alloys - Spacers?

Flubster

Tinkerer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Darn! After visiting my local scrappy, I seem to have come away with a set of LCR Brembo, carriers, discs and pads!

Lines were shot, so i've ordered a set of lines from Bill.

Now my S3 has 18" RSTT wheels (Assuming genuine as ETKA says it was a factory option for my VIN) will I need spacers?

10mm front, 15mm back? Anyone with this setup notice if they rub when fully loaded?

Any brand recommendation? Don't fancy going budget on such a crucial component!

Dave

18'' RSTT's definitely require spacers with brembos, I believe Jojo said 10mm was required.

Std S3 wheels have LOADS of brake room, RSTT's don't have so much.

My AP's that are a little wider than Brembos 'just' missed on Avus's with no spacers... had to use spacers on my RSTT's though..

<tuffty/>

I Did do a little reading, and i'd rather err on the side of caution and get spacers.

H&R hubcentric seem ok? Any options on rubbing / handling on 10mm fronts, 15mm rears?

Cheers for the help
Dave

I have 15mm eibach on the rear and 10mm hubcentrics (from ebay but good quality ones) on the front... no rubbing lowered at 30mm

<tuffty/>

You will definately need spacers I'll measure up when I get home as I fitted mine last week, I'll get a better pic too

ab80964f.jpg

Yup, 10mm spacers for RSTTs, the inside of the spoke catches, near the centre of the rim. No issues with OEM 17" Avus rims, as the spokes are flat.

Ok just had a quick measure up and with 11mm front spacers there is just under 8mm clearance

f18ccbb7.jpg

78eff421.jpg

Therefore a 3mm spacer will be dead tight (touching). Make of that what you like :)

Yeah I recon so But I wouldn't fancy only having 2mm clearance

Well i've finally got round to fitting the Brembo's. Once I finally got the system bled correctly (God those master cylinder nipples are a nightmare!) all is good.

I had a set of FK 8mm spacers which I used (FK013 08) which vibrate like a good'ern over 60. I've made sure the mating is clean, and torqued up when wheel is off the ground and in the "star" formation.

Does anyone have suggestions on a good set of spacers around 10mm that people have experience on being ok? I assume most 10mm spacers don't have the wheel side spiggot ring which I think is the problem as the 8mm FK don't.

These are geniune RSTT's btw.

Dave

Forge 11mm spacers are hub centric... the 10mm ones I bought from eBay (don't think the seller exists any more sorry) are hub centric too..

Forge ones are as good as any... you may well need to change the bolts for a tad longer (assuming you already are using longer ones rather than the OEM ones)

<tuffty/>