1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCR Brembo brakes help/questions

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by JtotheD, Nov 1, 2011.

1. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

[Nov 1, 2011]
    Sorry if there is already a thread for this, a quick search didn't reveal an awful lot, I have an 02/52 s3 8L and got to the stage where i require new discs, pads, maybe calipers too and have heard of people putting the leon cupra r brembos on.. my questions are.. do i need different carriers for these or will they replace the standard items pretty easily? is there anthing else i require to make them fit? anyone know any rough prices i should be expecting to pay - i heard Seat have gone up recently... AND if these are a pain to do would anyone recommend anything different/better?

sorry for all the stupid questions any help would be appreciated.

Josh
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 1, 2011]
    What you need is Brembo Brake Calipers, Carriers, brake hoses, discs and pads. You will also need to bridge the brake sensor wire and some spacers for your 18" RS4 wheels to clear them.

Used price should be 5-700 depending on condition for a complete setup.
  4. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

[Nov 1, 2011]
    thanks for the info, sounds like a lot of work... ! Josh
  5. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

[Nov 1, 2011]
    Not a lot of work at all. Its the same as doing new disks, as the callipers have to come off anyway.
    The only extra is bleeding the brakes afterwards which would be as well done anyway.
    If you got the set 2nd hand, chances are you would get the carriers with them.

I got the Brembo GT kit which to my knowledge is the same anyway, & if you are half decent with the spanners should take a couple of hours max to fit.
    Also worth adding is fit Ferodo DS2500 pads & I guarantee the car will stand on its nose every time you hit the middle pedal no matter how hard you drive it...
    Worth every penny!
  6. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

[Nov 1, 2011]
  7. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

[Nov 13, 2011]
    I now have pair up for sale with ds2500 pads and braided HEL lines. PM me if of interest.