LCD TV fitted onto wall ???

craig_007

Reaction score
Hi all,I'm thinking of putting my 42" LCD on to the wall,I have no problem with installing this,my query is...what height from the floor to the bottom of the unit is regarded as a good height??? Now also,I'm going to be doing this in the middle of my living room,Has anyone got any suggestions as to where I could install my SKY box and DVD player,I don't really fancy having them in the middle of the living room ??
I'm looking for any suggetions before I start !!
Cheers Guys

depends what you want it for. If you're gonna play tennis on a wii for example lol

You should position it so when sat down comfortably looking straight ahead would be in the centre of the screen. Many people mount them high up, above the fire place for example. Yeah it looks good there but it can hurt your neck looking up all the time.

I'll agree with Staz, brackets are really expensive though, and if you're gonna get one get an adjustable one that pulls in and out and can swivel.

Use some hefty fischer fixings though!

As for the other units, you could get an RF remote commander and then put the Sky unit and DVD player in a cupboard somewhere, the remote commander works by radio frequency so isn't directional and they have small IR eyes that fit onto the DVD player and SKY box so they can be controlled without the controller pointing at it.

where do u get those from?