lcd display faulty light (Help) plz

Mak

Azure Blue S3
Reaction score
It seem that i have a "blank line" that runs straight down through the lcd display, can this be fixed through vag com or is it more complicated?

Its doing my head in :sos:

Reactions: Bigniz13
Dont use that fix guide, it knackered mine up even more.

Mine had just this but with about ten lines out, I brought a new display from ebay for £65 and got a TV repair shop near my work to solder the new LCD on to the board for £20. So £75 later all perfect and as good as new.

I you want to save yourself some money it is a 20 minute job to take the clock out (2 screws behind the little panel in front of steering wheel just pulls off) then three connectors on the back of the clocks. Once out 2 torx screws on back and 6 x clips to release both half's.
Then just take the needles off (I wound mine anti clockwise while pulling, make a note where they sit first though.) Then take off the metal retaining clips for the lcd displays and white plastic housing.
This will give you access to the top of the board. Take to local TV repair man (they are experts at soldering) then reassemble. Put clock back in car the first connector is a pig to get back on but the other two are fine.
Job done!

Clocks look as good as new.