1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lazy Xenon headlight

cammage08 Nov 13, 2013

1. cammage08

cammage08 Member

I've read loads of posts about headlight adjustment.... Once i switch my lights on they are at the correct level but after being on for 5+ minutes the passenger side headlight drops to the lowest setting. This is a replacement headlight and has never been set to the "home" position whilst in this car... Is this all that's required for it to stay where I need it?

2. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue, i recon both headlight sit low.

3. vfr800

vfr800 Active Member Team Dolphin Grey Audi S3 quattro Audi A6

If it gets to the right place and then one of them drops it's probably a dodgy adjuster motor on that side.

You can buy new adjusters but if you take them apart you can clean the contacts and get a bit more life out of them - in my experience anyway.

If you're not VERY careful removing and re-inserting the adjuster motors you will break the clips that the adjuster ball goes in and cause yourself a royal head ache replacing the clips.

4. cammage08

cammage08 Member

I've already changed the clip which ye had broken to a new metal one. I will try the vcds trick tonite.

5. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Well-Known Member

whats the VCDS trick ?

6. cammage08

cammage08 Member