Launch of the NEW Audi A3

S3_Silver_Bullet

Reaction score
hi people.

Im new to this site, just thought I would say hi to everyone, and also to let you know I'm going to the launch of the NEW A3 at my local audi dealer in Stafford. Will post some pics on here 2moro night when I get home.

Would be nice to know how to actually post the pics once I get them, so could any enlighten me pls???

Cheers

I went to the John Fox launch last night. No piccies (digicam arrives tomorrow) unfortunately. They had two TDi's with various extras.

They look at lot better in the flesh than all the magazine photos I've seen - but the back end reminds me of a Leon. Interior has a more modern feel with the silver trim - but not a radical update from the outgoing model.

The salesman I spoke to didn't seem too clued up on the V6 - i.e. standard spec etc. He hinted that there will be a new S3 in 2005, but again, he had no further info.

All in all, it's growing on me, but not sure I'll be plumping for a standard shell with a V6 engine - would rather save for the second hand RS6 they've got for 58k!!!

[ QUOTE ]
S3_Silver_Bullet said:
Actullay in Hednesford mate. What A3 is a piece of cak???

[/ QUOTE ]

that'll be my a3!!

[ QUOTE ]
I saw that RS6 on Monday. It's an automatic!!! What a total waste of metal!

[/ QUOTE ]

All RS6's are automatics.
I still wouldn't turn one down!

Well, I've done it, i've test driven the new A3, and Imust admit, its not bad at all.

got a couple of pics if sum1 will opt to host them for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif or tell me how to host them and post them.

Unfortunately, the version on test drive today was only the 2.0 TDI 130PS, which was very imprtessive (i wanted the 3.2 V6 bitch) The only thing myself and m yold man found, was that there seemed to be an awful flat spot at low revs, like in 1st gear, until the turbo kicked in. By this tho I mean it was a very uncomfortable flat spot, like your not gonna even pull away at a junction flat spot.

Beware if your gonna pull out on any1 in this machine, coz you wont actually move till the turbo kicks in at bout 2.5-3k revs.

All in all, very nice leather and alacantra cream outfit inside the A3 and TT air vents. Very comfortable seatinh position (hope you like low donw seatin positions)

worth the 20k or so????? I would say so, if the TDI was this good, gods knows what the 3.2 V6 is like.

Have fun people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Bof it's just you have to be accustomed to driving a TDI, obviously there won't be much in it until the turbo kicks in, this was already bad with the old 1.9 and that has only eight valves.
Just keep the revs at 2000 Rpm and drop the clutch, that'll do the job.