1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

launch control ?.

cawsey20 May 24, 2010

1. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Hi there,,
    Took my S3 to pod for the first time on sat !, Loved it first run of the day was 14 flat was well chuffed with that, My times got a little sloppy later on due to heat :( but all in all good fun.

I wonder can you programme or get launch control into one of these ?. Its a 1999 8l s3, cheers chaps.

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Launch control is only really much use to control wheelspin on a 2WD car not a 4WD car... lanching an S3 is not an easy task and one that I can't see would be helped with launch control tbh... weakest point is the clutch and launching an S3 will generally cook it....

If you want to 'launch' an S3 then single mass flywheel and a decent clutch is what you need as you are very unlikely to spin the wheels on a quattro especially on remapped power.... I haven't managed it yet on mine... :)

<tuffty/>

3. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

LOL. :slapped: You aren't trying hard enough!!

4. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Ok mate cheers for the input there, Its more just for the fact that it would be easier. All ok if your after times but if you wan't to smoke the piece of jap plastic next to you then, the line up and then the set up of the launch before the lights go green is tricky lol.

Ive already managed to smoke my clutch, I think 110k and a remap plus 11 launches didn't really do me any favours lol.

Ordering a helix clutch and single mass once my mk2 is sold :(:(.. Will i notice a difference with launches with that ?.

5. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Sorry about my punctuation and spelling today , TO HOT!!! lol

6. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

LOL, no I can imagine that didn't help!

7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I am too much of a wuss!!! as it is I think my clutch is reaching the end of its serviceable life from one too many launches from my favourite traffic... I mean start lights.... :whistle2:

Launching an S3 is not a good thing on an OEM clutch, driving is not brilliant on a suitably uprated clutch.... damned if you do etc...

<tuffty/>

jonathan english likes this.
  8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Haldex Performance Controller is suppose to be quite handy for standing starts.

9. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

yeah....1000$ for the haldex controller, and no one is able to really judge if its worth it or not...and at what point ( after remap or after a good lot of mods)

10. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

The Haldex performance controller is worth it and so much more fun