Launch Control?

Artimus

Shortback
Reaction score
I'm unsure if my car has L\C programming. I've followed the instructions in the handbook to the letter, but I always end up smoking my already low tread ContiContacts! Hence I want to find out if it's enabled before I buy new rubber.

What am I doing wrong and does my car even have Launch Control?

Thanks.

'09 2.0T FSi DSG S-Line SB.

Sport or Manual mode, traction control off, left foot hard on the brake, right foot planted to the floor :)

Sport or Manual mode, traction control off, left foot hard on the brake, right foot planted to the floor :)
yep! that's exactly what I did ...and the result is as chris53 says

And a huge amount of wheelspin will follow!!
:think: But I thought Launch Control was\is supposed to do away with wheelspin, am I wrong in my assumption? and if so, what's the point of it?

No, the "launch control" on the a3 isn't really launch control as you have to turn the esp off, it just allows you to rev up the engine and drop the clutch like you would in a manual, pointless really unless you have quattro

Chris

Aah, didnt realise this was non quattro...

my quattro wheel spins :jester: ......using it when the surface is pants lol
It's a giggle using it but i have to remember to hold onto the wheel harder

Will my car be able to do launch control? it is a 2.0TDI black edition 59 plate auto. It has been remapped as well. I am unsure if that makes any difference to the launch feature.

I think the engine has to be up to temperature as well! The TTS won't let me do it when its not at 90.

It's best to do it around a corner fun fun fun I personally think