Launch control question?

isimpoi

Reaction score
So just purchased an audi s3 s-tronic and was testing the launch control just to see what it was like and jeez it's amazing! Did notice that the rev's don't sit at a specific point when I was launching and had my foot right down. It seemed to bounce about rather than stick at a point, is this normal?

Watched a couple video's on launch control but usually there's stick's at a certain point and doesn't jump up and down 200revs or so like mine did.

Is it mapped?
Not to my knowledge. Revs up between around 4k revs i think but doesn't sit still, seems to bounce about in that area by about 200revs either side of 4k revs. Will test again tonight

Last edited:
It sounds like the car is mapped, and it should sit dead if you have one foot solid on the brake and the the other on the accelerator. I think a stock deg map sits between 2.3-2.7k but I can't remember.

Reactions: isimpoi
If you have an 8P S3 and your car is launching at around 4k then it's been mapped for sure. The Standard Launch is set to circa 3150rpm from factory on the 8P

Well I went out and tried it again but this time it would stop at 1.5k revs then drop to 1k... like something wasn't working right!?! after travelling a few more time miles I tried again but this time went to just under 3.3k revs but with a lot less wobble but won't sit dead on the rev's. First time I tried it, it was in the wet but don't see that making a difference?

May take a video to show

You can sometimes fool the dsg by loading pressure slowly. Make sure the car is stationary, brake fully applied with dsg in sport or manual and esp off. Once that is set, stamp on the loud pedal..... Hold it and see what happens.

Is the launch control on the s3 the same as the mk6/7r where the car doesn't feel like its trying to pull when you press the accelerator?

My s3 doesn't pull, my edition30 sometimes does but I can let off and reapply and it lets off the clutch until I let off the brake.

Ahh okay cool i always thought it pulled, will try it in mine later on!