1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Launch Control - Not sure

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Steve-L, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Steve-L

Steve-L Member

[Aug 15, 2006]
    I've been having a play with the launch control feature on the 3.2 DSG and unless I am doing something wrong I am not impressed.
    Every time I tried it I exerienced about a 1 second delay from lifting of the break and launching which defeats the whole object.
    I found the fastest way is just to put it in "S" mode, turn off ESP and put your foot down as normal.

Any thoughts ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. RobB

RobB Member

[Aug 15, 2006]
    Agree. Sport or manual mode which changes up at the limiter anyway. There is a delay as you mention with the LC option.

If a quick pull away is needed from a junction e.g. out of petrol station onto fast main road etc, then the hassle of left foot brake, esp off, right foot to floor and wait for 3200rpm (sounding like a learner with no pedal control) then lift off and wait for a second, seems pointless. A gimmick in my opinion.
  4. johnmv55

johnmv55 Member

[Aug 15, 2006]
    I tried it in a 3.2 TT, same thing, can't see the point if it doesn't take off as soon as you let the brake pedal go, as you say, just a gimmick, and the noise it makes? it can't be doing anything any good, did I read some where that after "X" launches you lose the gearbox warranty?
  5. S_Line

S_Line Member

[Aug 15, 2006]
    yep there is a bit of a delay, and too be honest its just as quick to floor it from tickover.

But a 4wheel tyre smoking session is far more exiting :)
  6. n3cr0

n3cr0 New Member

[Aug 27, 2006]
    can b possible in a 2.0 tdi ?
    cheers!!
  7. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Aug 27, 2006]
    nope, only on the 3.2 DSG.