Latest Style Foot Pedal Covers Fitted To B8 S4

Way ahead of you! How about genuine number plate LEDs?!
What like these bad boys ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416778345660804

Try silicone, at least you can remove pedal easy enough if ever needed.
JG

Reactions: Boydie
I've been wanting to do this but for oem switches it works out very expensive but there are kits on eBay but they're not oem

As you know I've been searching for OEM foot pedal covers that fit the pre-facelift B8 over the last few weeks.
Well I finally got the results I wanted! I didn't fancy fitting the older style B7 RS4 pedals, as essentially they were a bit of a faff to do, and strictly weren't made to fit the B8. Apart from the fact they are a pain to do as well!
Luckily I have a friend who works for TPS, so we got our heads together, and came up with something which fits the car 100% with no fuss. No cutting of rubbers needed, no softening of the pedals in hot water, KY jelly etc etc...
So here is the kit that I ended up fitting (including a RHD footrest that is essentially just a straight swap with no mods!)

So the part numbers to do this are as follows:-
VAG actually do a kit now for the B8 that comes with a comprehensive instruction manual, that tells you how to fit them.
Obviously this is for the S-Tronic, and I'm not sure if there is one available for manual cars, as I didn't search for that.

The RRP for this kit is £81.60 inc VAT from TPS

Hi

Do you still have the fitting instructions?
If so is there any chance you could scan/photograph them and pm them to me please.
I found a set of these covers on eBay but they didn't have the fitting instructions and I am really struggling to fit them, could do with decent technique.

Many thanks

S4int

I soaked mine in red hot water for a minute or 2 to soften the rubber, and used a couple of plastic trim removal tools to prize the back on

I soaked mine in red hot water for a minute or 2 to soften the rubber, and used a couple of plastic trim removal tools to prize the back on

Bit of elbow grease and pull them , start with one corner at the top and pull down from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, I was sliding the cover on the pedal from the bottom and pushing upwards, couldn't get the top back flaps to flip over the pedal though. I was using a hair dryer to warm them up, may try the hot water next time.
Will try again when I've more time and patience, I know when I need to walk away and give up for the day.

Thanks

S4int

Finally got them on, don't want to be doing that again.
Worth it though, still don't understand why the B8 S4 has rubber pedal caps as standard.

Anybody know if these are available for Manuals ?
The ones on ebay OE or Non-Gen are LHD.
Are we sure LHD are not the same as RHD?

Anyone changed the window switches to the aluminium tips? I did it in my S3 and think it would break up the door colours nicely.

Funny you should say that, have been tempted to do, but do you need to take the full door card off to do so?
I have swapped my switches for the facelift ones with the aluminium tips and you don't need to take the full door card off, just the cover for the arm rest, takes about 3min to fit :)

I also swapped the mirror adjuster too, that just pops off and on.

Hope this helps.

Craig

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boydie