1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Audi A4/A3/S3 Satnav

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by thelomondaudigroup, Mar 1, 2010.

1. thelomondaudigroup

thelomondaudigroup Member

Hi Guys,

Looking at buying a OEM Satnav for my S3 as it didn't come with one, saw a few on ebay at some pretty reasonable prices, after having it in my Golf GTi with the SD card slots I can't live any longer without it.

Whats the latest version of these units? i.e. part number?

Cheers

Chris
  2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

They are all pretty much the same until the 2010 model came out bar the addition of chrome knobs. The 2010 units look the same but the guts are upgraded to have higher rez screen & support for SDHC cards. The are rarer on ebay & usually cost twice the older models price.
  3. thelomondaudigroup

thelomondaudigroup Member

Cheers buddy, I don't think twice the price can really be justified can it? I simply want the use of the SD card slots for loading music whenever I like.
    Just a simple mod I wanted to do as the car didn't come with it when I got it :(
    Cheers

Chris
  4. evapor8

evapor8 Member

I'd say it's one of the most common mods mate, as it's very difficult to justify the £1,800 or whatever it is that Audi charges when you spec it from new.

If you're happy with the 4gb (if I remember correctly) sd (not sdhc) card limit for the "older" RNS-E, then as you'll have seen you can pick one up for near £400 on ebay now.

There will be some people who (probably quite correctly) suggest that many of these units "may" be stolen. Just something to bear in mind (didn't stop me from picking mine up from Lithuania!)

Chris
  5. andykn

andykn Member

Isn't it something to do with the factory or refurb shop for these units being in Lithuania?